- Country: India
- Organization: WHO
- Deadline: 2023-11-29
- No of Vacancies: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of Medical Officer-NCD, and broad guidance of the (Director-NDE), the incumbent provides office support for the smooth running of the programme/unit in the following areas:
- Review incoming correspondence and ensure routing to responsible officer, attaching background documents and highlighting areas requiring action; draft replies on general and administrative matters; ensure outgoing correspondence and reports conform to WHO standards; develop tracking tools to follow up target dates and deadlines
- Create and/or maintain filing systems and ensure updated information; obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources and perform information search as required
- Provide guidance to other staff on office procedures and WHO standards
- Provide support in the monitoring implementation of the work plan, including timely information on budget ceiling/award budgets, monitor income and expenditure and funds available; follow up on financial/budgetary issues and ensure timely processing of committal documents; assist in the preparation of financial and technical progress reports to donors
- Prepare contracts for consultants, Agreement for Performance (APW), Technical Services Agreements (TSA) and General External Services requests (GES); record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payment
- Initiate requisitions for goods procurement and record receipt of deliverables
Meeting Administration/Duty Travel
- Coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, ensuring all necessary documents and travel requests are sent to participants; prepare relevant documents and power-point presentations
- Obtain briefing and prepare background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc., and ensure complete documentation is provided to the unit staff attending the meeting
- Prepare travel requests for official travel, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and ensure logistic arrangements for smooth conduct of the meetings/workshops in the office and outside venues Schedule unit meetings and prepare minutes
- Handle visitors and telephone calls and take action as appropriate, providing background information for appointments Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work
Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
Desirable: Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
Essential: At least five (5) years’ experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work.
Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices; the incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO;
- Ability to draft standard correspondence;
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required;
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in India, please click here: UN jobs in India