- Country: India
- Organization: ILO
- Deadline: 2023-11-15
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Description of Duties
1. Serve as a focal point for coordination of project implementation administrative-support activities, involving liaison with various organizational units in the office to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions.
2. Provide general office assistance, handle administrative tasks, and advise staff concerning administrative procedures and processes, including project-related missions and activities, budget preparation, travel coordination and lodging of officials and participants, recruitment and payment of resources persons, and taking notes at meetings/seminars. Clear outgoing documents for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements.
3. Draft non-substantive correspondence on projects and programme activities and reports related to project activities in accordance with the requirements of the Office. Update information on web sites.
4. Liaise with concerned ministries, ILO constituents, implementing agencies and social partners (organizations of employers and employees) if and when needed. Maintain their up-to-date directories.
5. Organise, coordinate and provide logistical support to meetings, workshops, seminars and other events conducted by the project, draft minutes of meetings, contribute to drafting project reports and communication pieces. Assist in translation.
6. Assist in the review of financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules and conformity with the budget and financial requirements of the project, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
7. Provide administrative and financial backstopping and guidance for project staff and consultants, with respect to payments, entitlements, travel claims, and other requirements relating to accounts and finance.
8. Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process payment claims, vouchers and invoices. Prepare payment vouchers ensuring the accuracy and documentation of all financial transactions.
9. Prepare background information, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions by identifying and consolidating data and relevant information on development and/or subject matter activities of the area, if and when needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and ADFIN team.
Completion of secondary education. First level of university degree would be advantage
At least five years of relevant work experience. Similar experience with the United Nations Common System or an international organization is desirable. Experience in handling matters of financial importance is desirable.
Excellent knowledge of the English and Hindi.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in India, please click here: UN jobs in India