Assistant Human Resources Officer(N)
- Country: Myanmar
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 23, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Provide input in the preparation of the annual operations programme review submissions, and in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs.
– Advise and counsel staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements in line with UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
– Assist in timely advertising and filling of General Service and National Officer vacancies. Prepare submissions for the review by the local Assignments Committee (AC). Process recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
– Conduct regular audit and verification of personnel records in the office, including audit of MSRP entries into HR module, as well as of the attendance, overtime and leave records. Monitor maintenance of the daily tracking system to ensure accurate information is provided on staff and families in case of emergency. Provide support, guidance and training to all staff performing personnel administration and other HR related functions.
– Brief newly-arrived international staff on related administrative formalities; process and follow up on their accreditations and other related documents, and arrange for their onward travel to the field office, if applicable.
– Supervise administration of UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Assist staff and dependants in case of medical evacuation.
– Assist in HR related activities of the security evacuation plan, ensuring relocations/evacuations are managed and administered in line with the provisions of the UN Security Management System Policy.
– Maintain liaison with the support sections and divisions at headquarters, specifically with DHRM, on matters related to the recruitment and personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
– Enforce local compliance with the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations, as well as with the performance management system.
– Clear issuance and extension of contracts for locally recruited staff.
– Clear payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Human Resources Management; Law; Administration; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
Knowledge of UN/UNHCR field operational realities, especially in hardship duty stations. Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset. High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP HR module, as well as with MSRP Financials and Focus.
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
HR-PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
FO-Operational activities in hardship duty stations
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Myanmar, please click here: UN jobs in Myanmar