Security Associate, GS-6, (Batch Recruitment: San Fernando, Maracaibo, Ciudad Guayana) # 125697- 1256678-125685 FT Venezuela (only national candidates)
- Country: Venezuela
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-29
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Security Planning
- Support the supervisors administratively and logistically in their planning functions related to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members as well as the safeguarding of premises, assets, and resources in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems.
- Assist the supervisors by collecting and providing the basic information required for the implementation of the UN Country Security Plan, Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), Residential Security Measures (RSM), and other relevant policies, guidelines, and assessments.
- Assist the supervisors in the development of UNICEF routine security documentation including security contingency plans such as, but not limited to, fire and evacuation plans.
- Assist the supervisor in drafting routine security reports/returns including but not limited to Security Incident Reports (SIRs).
2. Safety and Security Services
- Monitor the local security situation through local media and networks providing regular information and updates to the supervisor relative to on-going and emerging security issues in the country.
- Assist the supervisor in security activities that support UNICEF staff, premises and operations for all locations where UNICEF personnel and/or eligible family members are present.
- Provide on-going routine technical support and direction for contracted security providers on behalf of the SFP.
- Under the direct guidance of the supervisors, share information with UNICEF personnel and eligible family members that would affect their safety and security and information regarding the actions to take in the event of an emergency, including those identified in the UNICEF/UN Security Plans.
- Support the supervisors in the establishment of effective and functioning Communications/Warden Systems for UNICEF and the periodic testing of these systems.
- Support the supervisors in the conduct of all security related contingency exercises particularly relating to administration, communications and logistics.
- Conduct physical security surveys of international personnel residences in accordance with the Residential Security Measures (RSM) on behalf of the SFP as required.
3. Security Networking
- With significant guidance from the supervisor, actively maintain official liaison with host government counterparts, local authorities responsible for security, law and order and security counterparts in the UN.
4. Support in Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Coordinate, as required, with UNDSS, on behalf of the Security Specialist, to ensure all UNICEF personnel undertake mandatory security training/briefings.
- With strong support and guidance from the supervisors, develop and conduct country level familiarization sessions for contracted security guards specifically regarding their UN/UNICEF related duties and responsibilities.
- With strong support and guidance from the supervisor, develop and conduct country level training sessions for drivers to familiarize them with the specific actions to take when encountering a security related situation while driving.
- Assist in the provision of any security related training for UNICEF personnel or eligible family members, particularly to ensure comprehension by those more comfortable in the local language.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: Completion of secondary education, supplemented by relevant technical/military/police courses and/or university courses in a relevant discipline. For this position, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant field may replace three years of related work experience. A master’s degree may replace additional two years.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in a security related environment is required. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Spanish is required. Working knowledge of English is an asset. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French or Russian) is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Venezuela, please click here: UN jobs in Venezuela