Programme Assistant, (GS-5), FT #125707, San Fernando, Venezuela, LACR. (Only for nationals)
- Country: Venezuela
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-29
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Supporting the central office in providing the inputs for de definition of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Review invoices and gather supporting documentation for certification by Receiving Officer and forward to Finance Unit in Country Office for processing in ServiceGateway.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
- To assist with the preparation of Sales Orders and Purchase requisitions when required to start the procurement process for low value procurement.
- Contacts suppliers for price quotation and prepare excel tabulations of the offers, for low value procurement of administrative goods or services and submit for evaluation, review and approval;
- Provide support in the area of logistics, consolidate and validate distribution plans. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise receipt of consignments and dispatch of supplies.
- Manage UNICEF warehouse facilities and operations in line with UNICEF policies and procedures. Assess warehousing capacity including facilities, conditions of equipment, manpower, and processes. Propose corrective actions to supervisor. Assess new warehouse facilities when required. If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls).
- Maintain appropriate warehousing and inventory management processes in support of the country programme implementation. Ensure accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place, and relevant records are properly maintained.
He/she supports the Field Office in the compilation and coordination of key work products, ensuring that deadlines are met and that established rules and procedures are adhered to. The support provided by the Programme Assistant thus creates the strongest possible administrative platform from which the country programme can be implemented. Key results have an impact on the overall performance of the country office and the successful implementation of project/programme activities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization. For this position, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant field may replace three years of related work experience. A master’s degree may replace additional two years.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Experience working within the United Nations System is considered as a strong asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish is required. Knowledge of English and another official UN language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Venezuela, please click here: UN jobs in Venezuela