National Consultancy for Development of a community-based model for prevention of child maltreatment and provision of psychosocial support (only Iranian)
- Country: Iran
- Deadline: 2023-11-25
- No of Vacancies: N/A
The consultant is expected to deploy required quantitative and qualitative methods in addition to the desk review for collection of inputs required for development of the model customized to the needs of the selected geographical areas. To conduct the need assessment in particular, the consultant will identify the educational needs of IRCS’ SAHAR and YAS teams. This should also include the assessment of the selected community’s perception and needs on this subject.
Elaboration on the identified gaps and respective methodologies must be provided in the inception report.
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
In line with the above-mentioned objectives, the key activities and deliverables of the consultancy are listed below:
• Conduct a need assessment: the consultant will conduct a need assessment to identify the educational needs of IRCS’ SAHAR and YAS teams. This should also include the assessment of selected community’s perception and needs on this subject.
• Develop educational plan: based on the analysis of the need assessment, the consultant will develop an educational model for the above-mentioned IRCS’s teams. This includes development of the required educational materials, toolkits and facilitators’ guideline to support further scale-up of the model by IRCS. The educational materials should encompass the special needs of boys and girls, children with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups of children.
• Capacity building of IRCS’ teams: Based on the educational plan, the consultant will conduct a series of capacity building trainings for IRCS’s teams to enhance their knowledge on prevention of child maltreatment and provision of psychosocial support. The training should also include topics to enhance participants’ skills to transfer the knowledge to their peers.
• Monitoring and evaluation plan: the consultant should develop a monitoring and evaluation mechanism and protocol to support effective and efficient implementation of the capacity building phase.
|Activity 1: Develop an inception report, develop the educational model based on the result of need assessment.||Deliverable 1: Inception report
|Activity 2: Conduct the need assessment.||Deliverable 2: Report of the need assessment and
|Activity 3: Develop the educational model based on the result of need assessment.||Deliverable 3: Educational model||15 days|
|Activity 4: Develop the educational materials/package||Deliverable 4: Educational materials
|Activity 5: Conduct trainings
CONDITIONS OF WORK
The consultant shall use her/his own facilities to manage the work, but, where circumstances demand otherwise, shall be allowed to make use of available UNICEF office space, computer and internet facilities with prior notification and arrangement with the supervisor and UNICEF Admin/ICT. The provision of these facilities by UNICEF shall be subject to their availability.
Consultancy fees include the costs of travel, inter alia, flight tickets, accommodation, and any other travel expenses, if any.
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
The Consultant should submit a technical proposal including detailed plan, timeline, and list of technical team members.
Please submit a financial offer along with your technical proposal, which contains the following information:
• Fee for services to be provided – based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference
• Wherever possible, indicate the itemized cost of the travel (air tickets etc.)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
The consultant should possess the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in social work, public health, or other related disciplines,
• Minimum three years of working experience in the field of prevention of child maltreatment and psychosocial support services,
• Proven experience in developing educational models and community-based interventions,
• Previous working experience with UNICEF/UN and IRCS is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iran, please click here: UN jobs in Iran