|1. Operations management
- Management of the Operations/Support Services of the Office, namely HR Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistical, Administrative and ICT Services – facilitating effective, efficient and consistent support service provision to projects and all activities under the Office.
- Support the Head of Support Service in establishing the management targets. Monitor their achievement
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues to identify the need, determine cost and proactively plan all Office support services.
- Monitor aspects of operations to ensure compliance with corporate strategies, UNOPS rules, regulations, policies, and standards of accountability, ethics and integrity and achievement of results. Make recommendations to the HOSS on activities to ensure proper implementation of standards and operating procedures
- Monitor effectiveness of support services, to ensure optimum client service and satisfaction. Drive timely readjustment and improvements of the operations.
- Seek relevant input in support, from e.g. HoSS in place for the Multi Country Office, IPAS, and Practice Groups.
- Actively support any internal/external audit exercise and follow up on and implement audit recommendations.
- Work in coordination with relevant colleagues on Security related matters and ensure full compliance with UNOPS security standards and procedures and support the implementation of the Business continuity plan.
|2. Project planning and coordination support
- Provide assistance and support to the project budget preparation, revisions and work planning
- Provide input into the early stages of project engagements.
- Provide advice on goal setting, targets and performance standards for projects and in collaboration with the finance unit, recommend tools for monitoring, evaluation and auditing.
- Liaise with finance and the HOSS on project cost sharing, deployment of funds and closure.
- Closely liaise with the Head of Support Services for the Multi Country Office, in order to optimize service delivery and address any issues
|3. Procurement and logistics
- Support of the office procurement processes, including tendering processes and evaluation and supplier selection, to ensure viable procurement solutions that meet operational needs and compliance with UNOPS procurement procedures, regulations and standard of accountability, ethics, integrity and performance.
- In consultation with HoSS and Procurement, establish a shortlist of suitable contractors/suppliers, and the preparation and issue of local tenders. Evaluation of bids or proposals received and of recommendations for contract awards.
- In consultation with relevant colleagues, review, administer and issue contracts, agreements/amendments.
- Provision of guidance on all logistics, asset management and procurement matters. Oversee the logistics of goods and equipment on project sites to confirm delivery and safe warehousing.
- Establishment and management of a vehicle pool for providing transportation services as required by the Office as well as to meet logistical needs
- Development and implementation of a vehicle management and maintenance system in accordance with UNOPS vehicle management policy and procedures;
- Repair and maintenance for all equipment including EDP equipment, communications equipment, vehicles and generators, etc.
- Building and facilities management and maintenance activities
|4. Financial management
- Support in preparation of the Office financial plan and budget. Ensure timely revisions and reallocation of funds.
- Monitor, track and control expenditure to ensure optimum and appropriate use of financial resources.
- Ensure the preparation of required financial reports and exception reports including investigating anomalies to resolve problems, reporting or recommending any action required to relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise the timely review, posting and closure of accounts. Certify/verify accuracy and compliance with standards of accountability framework. Submit/prepare mandated reports on financial status.
- Supervise all financial services (accounting, cash management, payments etc.) ensuring timeliness and compliance with standards of accountability and performance.
- Monitor the Management Budget expenditures for the Office and ensure that LSS) (Locally Shared Costs is properly recovered, billed and spent in accordance with the applicable procedures.
|5. Human Resources management
- Ensure the Office complies with corporate human resources policies, procedures and that all corporate HR initiatives are correctly implemented
- Support the HOSS in planning personnel required for the optimal administration of the office and for the delivery of the Office portfolio
- Oversee all human resource services/processes including recruitment, salary administration and compensation, performance review, training and development, ensuring compliance with human resource rules, regulations, procedures and standards of performance and ensuring that hiring managers actively seek to create diverse teams in terms of gender and geography.
- Promote and support a learning culture by empowering individuals and teams to identify critical learning needs and plan/provide easy access to learning opportunities to maintain personnel competency and flexibility. Definition of training plans for personnel involved in the delivery of support services
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
|6. Administration and Information Technology (ICT)
- Oversee the timely and efficient delivery of all administrative services, (e.g. centralized project admin, premises and asset management, organizational and personnel security, travel and IT).
- Full compliance of operations of the Country with UNOPS rules, regulations and policies, on administrative matters and supervision of the administrative team.
- Maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries, supervision of the ICT Associate.
- In close collaboration with HQ and HoSS for the Multi Country Office, support the maintenance of a secure and reliable ICT environment, including adequate plans for disaster recovery.
- Oversee the acquisition, maintenance, inventory, recording, verification and protection of project and administrative facilities/assets, including IT infrastructure, equipment and servers.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging the use of IT to enhance business operations and efficiency and to facilitate knowledge management, and information sharing.
|7. Knowledge Management
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations in the Office, synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices, and sound contributions to UNOPS knowledge management initiatives.
- Development of tools and platforms for operations and data management, ensuring information and knowledge sharing with colleagues, clients and partners
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Support Services Manager
for the Office directly impact on the development and performance of the projects, visibility and image of the UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and consequently strengthen its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country served.