Program Officer, Housing Innovations
- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Develop and implement work plans, guidance, program design, and procedures for the IRC’s housing services, including housing counseling, housing assistance, and related innovative services in collaboration with the IRC HQ Housing Team and other HQ departments.
- Apply for program funding, prepare grant applications, draft concept notes, and develop program and policy recommendations for housing services in collaboration with the IRC HQ Housing Team and other HQ departments.
- Manage housing counseling and other related housing grants and program delivery to ensure compliance with all funding and regulatory requirements.
- Produce reports on housing support services, including housing counseling, housing assistance, and other related services for internal use and for submission to donors and funders.
- Build and manage housing counseling partner relationships.
- Provide client housing counseling services in support of IRC field offices as needed, including travel with extended stays at IRC field sites as needed, as well as provide remote support to multiple sites as assigned.
Housing Technical Assistance and Training
- Develop, modify, and provide housing technical assistance, training, and materials to IRC offices and affiliates in the U.S. in collaboration with the IRC HQ Housing Team and other HQ Resettlement staff.
- Plan and deliver client-facing housing education in support of IRC field offices, including but not limited to renter education and homeowner education.
- Participate in the IRC’s Housing and Logistics Community of Practice, resettlement partners’ regional community of practice meetings, and other inter-agency housing meetings as needed.
- Attend appropriate certification and training sessions as required.
- Travel with extended stays at IRC field sites as needed to provide housing-related training, technical assistance, and education.
Research and Evaluation
- Manage housing service data in collaboration with IRC field offices and analyze outcomes of housing services at the IRC HQ and field offices.
- Develop and analyze assessments with IRC field offices, such as questionnaires and surveys.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in related field a plus
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in housing counseling, housing support, or housing case management programs and services
- Trained and certified HUD Housing Counselor preferred
- Experience in working with low-income, immigrant, and/or refugee populations preferred
- Strong critical thinking, research, and analytical skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and partners
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to visit local IRC sites and affiliates
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA