Program Officer, Roving R&P Direct Services
- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Lead the overall management and implementation of the HQ Reception & Placement Roving Direct Services team to support all local IRC sites.
- Supervise and train three caseworker coordinators to ensure their skills and efforts respond to the needs of local IRC R&P programs.
- Deploy to temporarily fill local Resettlement Manager or Caseworker Supervisor positions. Provide on-the-ground and virtual R&P programming. Services and responsibilities may include assuring cases, submitting period reports, approving client payments, overseeing quality assurance procedures, and when needed, direct R&P service provision.
- Temporarily supervise and support local IRC office R&P staff and interns as needed.
- Train local office team members, provide guidance on both programmatic challenges and complex cases.
- Manage travel budget for the R&P Roving Direct Services team.
- Maintain accurate records in electronic case files and required databases and consistently ensure the confidentiality of information relevant to cases.
- Collaborate effectively with local office staff and partner organizations. Ensure positive interactions with area service providers for the benefit of the local office and clients.
- Promptly reconcile travel expenses in IRC’s financial management software.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience successfully providing casework services required; Reception & Placement (R&P) experience and expertise is required.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations required.
- Previous experience supervising case managers strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in onboarding and training staff and supporting quality assurance efforts preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage others and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- Valid driver’s license
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA