- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
General Accounting and Financial Management Responsibilities
- Administer and oversee WTOR budgeting, financial reporting and contract/grant compliance, following IRC accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Protect the organization’s assets by implementing IRC’s Internal Control procedures.
- Prepare for and facilitate any external or internal audits.
- Provide program staff with guidance on ensuring the maximum leverage of available funds.
- Supervise all financial activities and fiscal reporting to ensure proper allocation of funding sources and fiscal compliance with donor requirements and IRC policies.
- Supervise the office banking arrangements.
- Review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into IRC’s accounting software.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and submit as per scheduled due dates.
- Prepare financial reports to various donors as per contractual obligations.
- Review monthly expenditures and financial reports with supervisor in a timely manner.
Sub‐Awardee Finance Management Responsibilities
- Participate in WTOR’s proposal review and modification process focusing on sub‐awardee budget; review in coordination with the Partnerships Manager and relevant program staff, ensuring that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the approved budget and comply with donor’s regulations.
- Ensure proactive communication with sub‐awardees about the submission of their financial reports according to terms of their sub‐awards. Review and validate spending plans from partners against reported expenditures, following‐up with sub‐awardees as needed. Ensure sub‐awardee financial reports are approved (signed) by the appropriate authority within IRC.
- Prepare Payment Requests for Sub‐Awardee payment (advances and reimbursements. Ensure timely follow‐up on the status of payments release, tracking them and informing sub‐awardees in a timely manner on the status of the payments.
- Ensure the financial monitoring and spot check visits to sub‐awardee offices is conducted according to IRC requirements and standards. Coordinate with WTOR staff to ensure items for review for monitoring visit plans are shared for communication to sub‐awardees prior to the visit.
- Ensure that an organized archiving system is in place, both hard and soft (electronic) copies for all financial reports and their supporting documents.
- In coordination with the Partnership Manager, develop or revise sub‐awardee financial templates (including proposal budget and budget narrative formats, monthly/quarterly reporting templates, and other documents, as needed).
- Review all sub‐awardee budget modifications (both budget and budget narratives) in coordination with relevant WTOR staff, ensuring clear action points for follow‐up are communicated.
- Take the lead on the finance and compliance section of the Grant Opening, Review and Closing meetings, making sure that the partners are fully aware of donor regulations, all financial reporting requirements in terms of required documentation, reporting templates and deadlines.
- Conduct finance and general compliance monitoring visits to partners; prepare monitoring report and action plan for relevant WTOR staff.
- Provide information for the development of requests for proposal for procurement and service contracts.
- Ensure WTOR staff are informed of updated accounting codes.
- Provide finance updates and relevant information‐to relevant WTOR staff.
- Provide training and technical support to help WTOR staff develop financial management knowledge.
- Support all WTOR staff by providing direct feedback on allowability and reasonableness of expenditures.
Education: 4‐year college degree in relevant field required. Degree in related field such as Finance, Accounting, Business Administration Graduate degree preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of non-profit finance/accounting experience required. Experience with federal (preferably ORR) grants preferred.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA