- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Deliver integrated ESOL instruction.
- Plan and prepare curricula and lesson plans for mixed-level classes to meet the English language learning needs of students. Integrated ESOL combines English language lessons with job skills and workforce preparation, digital literacy skills, civics, and other life skills.
- Tune lesson activities to meet student needs across a range of English proficiency levels, from the most basic through intermediate and advanced levels of speaking, comprehension, reading, and writing.
- Utilize and oversee community volunteers as classroom assistants, managing the delivery of lesson plan activities through those assistants in breakout groups.
- Document student progress with goal setting and conference notes and assist in recruitment and retention activities.
- Orient and conference with current and potential students, assisting students in completing necessary intake and enrollment forms, both virtually, using phone and web-based platforms, and in-person.
- Administer English language assessments to measure and track student progress and gains.
- Assist with record-keeping and data entry to support program administration and compliance with programmatic requirements. Document student progress by keeping accurate and timely attendance records, case notes, assessment data, program participant surveys, and observations of student progress.
- Maintain a positive learning environment. Facilitate student learning activities that build cultural and community knowledge and encourage collaboration and positive peer support.
- Maintain open and effective communication with adult education team members. Report regularly on program goals, client attendance, learning activities, student progress and any problems or concerns with clients or program.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) required.
- Completion of a certificate program in Adult Education, TEFL, TESL, and/or TESOL is preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in education and/or human services strongly preferred.
- Experience working with immigrants or refugees preferred.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA