- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate timely pre- and post-arrival services to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
- Conduct intake services with clients to assess needs. Develop self-sufficiency plans and timelines in partnership with each client. Provide individualized support through direct services, referrals, and advocacy.
- Assess and monitor client progress to support their attainment of established goals, address challenges, and to ensure that available resources are utilized.
- Detail each client interaction in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in human services field required; minimum of 2 years’ experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired; including Spanish, French, and/or Haitian Creole.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA