New Roots Education Intern
- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
• Assist with development of materials and curriculum and facilitate logistics for participant workshops that cover cultivation, pest mitigation, food safety, business development and other topics.
• Support content development for photo and video curriculum materials on a range of agricultural topics
• Pilot and analyze impact of developed resources with program participants.
• Assist in orientation and support of new and returning farmers and gardeners.
• Assist New Roots SLC team in maintaining land farm sites including cultivation, weed and invasive species mitigation, and maintenance of infrastructure, trees, brush, and irrigation systems.
• By the end of the internship, the intern will demonstrate knowledge about the benefits of nutrition and food access and related programming for refugee and New American populations.
• By the end of the internship, the intern will demonstrate an ability to communicate with limited English speakers and people from different cultures.
• By the end of the internship, the intern will show an increased knowledge of best practices for urban agricultural production including planting and plant health, food safety as it relates to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification, and other land management strategies.
• By the end of the internship, the intern will have gained experience in project management from conception to execution.
• By the end of the internship, the intern will demonstrate knowledge of the New Roots program, and specifically educational components and technical assistance for farmers.
• This internship is both in person and remote. In-person duties include attending at least some farmer and gardener workshops, which often occur on weekday evenings or on Saturdays (2-4 hours)
• Must be currently enrolled in a graduate/undergraduate program, or have graduated less than 6 months ago. Education, social work, anthropology, or other related field of study preferred.
• Interest in working with immigrants and refugees, agriculture and food justice
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA