Clinical Service Coordinator Intern
- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Assist individual clients with overcoming barriers preventing them from accessing services
- Address barriers that prevent clients from accessing quality and culturally appropriate care in a systematic and strategic way.
- Conduct surveying and case noting in a timely manner
- Practice sensitivity to cultural and personality differences of clients by respecting their beliefs and values.
- Conduct outreach with local agency to build on resources and create partnerships
- Assist clinical coordinator to provide care follow-up and coordination.
- Assist with client screening to identify clients who need additional psychological or psychosocial support.
- Assist with client screening to help determine the appropriate referral for therapeutic services.
- Complete appropriate referrals to community agency.
- Collaborate with community agencies to support clients receiving services.
- Other relevant program support duties, as assigned.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: This internship provides case management, care coordination, and advocacy experience in a community agency setting. Under direction of a supervisor, interns get practice in cross-cultural assessment, outreach, resource provision, documentation, in-service training, and data collection.
- Knowledge of the role of racial, ethnic, and cultural heritage; nationality; socioeconomic status; family structure; age; gender; sexual orientation; religious and spiritual beliefs occupation physical and mental status and equity issues in a community social work setting.
- Understand the roles of community social workers and the relationship between social workers and other professionals in a community agency setting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical and legal considerations specifically related to the practice of community social work and engage in appropriate ethical behavior.
- Understand and demonstrate basic and advanced service skills with a variety of clients with diverse cultural backgrounds, presenting problems and trauma.
- General principles of assessment and an understanding of symptoms to look for when conducting a mental health screening.
- Evaluate effectiveness of intervention(s) provided.
- Prepare and maintain records required.
- Learn to use individual supervision effectively.
- Learn critical thinking and organization skills.
- Learn problem solving and advocacy skills on behalf of clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and collaborate with various professionals and stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain an AZ Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bachelor’s or master’s level focus on public health, counseling, social work, or education is strongly encouraged but is not a limiting factor
- Willingness to make initiative to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate cultural humility and an understanding of trauma-informed care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical team, clients, and staff.
- Experience with vulnerable populations preferred, in particular, psychological trauma due to war, displacement, violence, and persecution.
- Desire to work with an ethnically diverse international population in innovative ways.
- Ability to work effectively with partners, colleagues, and clients in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to clients and staff.
- Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant.
- Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding performance, presentation and relationships with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in a second language spoken by the client base strongly preferred but not required.
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn and adapt traditional clinical skills to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
- A vehicle, current driver’s license and valid insurance.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA