Protection Case Worker
- Country: Kenya
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Conduct protection risk screening and identifying clients for case management.
- Conduct household visits and center-based interviews to assess the needs of individuals and families.
- Work with identified individuals and families to develop and implement an action plan in accordance with their needs, capacities, and goals.
- Offer individuals and families’ choices and options, including seeking out alternatives when the needed services are not available, and actively involve individuals and/or families in decision making that will affect them.
- Assess risk and support individuals and families to understand risks relevant to their situation.
- Link individuals and families with support groups and networks, and other community-based resources, as appropriate
- In collaboration with the MEAL and Protection officer, participate in the protection assessments, analysis, and reporting as guided by the protection analysis framework.
- Participate in the design, planning, execution, and monitoring of Protection sector activities.
- With the assistance of the Protection Officer, organize and deliver sensitization and awareness sessions on protection focusing on rights and entitlements, available services and channels for reporting complaints and feedback.
- Support advocacy efforts for access to rights and services and capacity strengthening of local authorities and partners on rights-based approach and access to services.
- Support in developing assessment tools and contextualizing them in collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation team.
- Conduct individual and community rapid assessment and support at risk groups and individual through targeted assistance and referrals.
- Conduct individual and group psychosocial support and assistance for individuals in need of assistance with IRC’s recognized tools and approaches.
- Contribute to writing reports emanating from programme activities and as per donor and country office reporting requirements.
- Support in design and development of information education and communication (IEC) materials for protection sector.
- Work closely with the service mapping officer and contribute to the service mapping and referral pathway update/ utilization Ensure appropriate monitoring, review, and follow up of the services provided to cases Ensure that client data especially case management documents are kept confidential and in accordance with the data protection policy.
Partnerships and Coordination
- Participate in IRC protection related meetings with government and other stake holders.
- Foster linkages and support referrals with service providers for the referral of clients.
- Liaise directly with communities, local institutions, and local partners on protection issues to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Diploma or University degree in law, social work, international relations, political/social sciences, development studies, community development or related field.
- Knowledge of protection programming (general protection, GBV and/or CP), case management, psychosocial support, protection mainstreaming, its principles, norms, and practices
- Work experience with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) on refugee rights, human rights, peace building and/or governance.
- Experience on counseling and case management
- Experience working with forced migrants (refugees, IDPs), vulnerable communities, conducting outreaches/awareness, referrals, assessments.
- Experience working in diverse teams.
- Experience working with Comm care/Power-Bi and or Dashboard for data analysis is an added advantage.
- Basic computer skills (Ms Office – word, excel, power point), report writing, training, community engagement, program monitoring.
- Ability to communicate well in spoken and written English, Kiswahili and Maa an added advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya