Consultant; Monitoring & Evaluation – multisectoral programming. Req # 567388
- Country: USA
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-21
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Scope of Work: EXPECTED RESULTS
For ROK – Maintaining and Strengthening Essential Health Services
- Facilitates global programme monitoring ensuring the availability and use of reliable information/insights for decision making.
- Facilitates technical narrative reporting ensuring donor, HQ technical teams and management have quality information to assess progress towards expected results.
- Facilitates programme knowledge management; facilitates development of monitoring and KM tools to provide qualitative evidence and demonstrate impact.
- Facilitates the grant management process across technical teams and HQ units, ROs and COs.
- Liaison with PPD for technical clearance of products ensuring PPD, ACT-A and HQ technical teams effectively coordinate and collectively address grant management requirements.
- Designs and rollouts an implementation research strategy.
For Climate, Energy, Environment, and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Evaluates existing CEED-related monitoring, reporting, and evaluation frameworks.
- Develops and refines the SCAP results framework
- Facilitates data consolidation and reporting, with the analysis and aggregation of CEED-related data, information, and reports from country offices (CSIs, COARs, etc.), including synthesizing key findings.
1. Programme performance monitoring
- Facilitates programme data systems and processes to support tracking of progress.
- Programme baseline and target values available.
- Quality data on programme indicators available for tracking, course-correction, and mid and end-year reporting.
- Technical assistance to facilitate CO programme monitoring systems, data quality improvement and use.
2. Programme reporting
- Midyear global consolidated technical report is completed.
- End-year technical report is produced.
3. Knowledge management and learning
- Programme documents content are appropriately managed in UNICEF SharePoint and other enterprise management.
- Advice on grant facilitation, and liaison with HQ technical leads, ROs and COs on an as-needed basis for strategic and technical input and programme alignment.
5. PPD Liaison and technical clearance of knowledge and advocacy products
- Advises on liaison with PPD/donor and helps facilitate all necessary liaising activities
6. Implementation research
- Conceptual and methodological approach to determine the effectiveness of interventions and increase understanding of the implementation contexts designed and rolled out
7. Technical M&E support to the CEED team
- Assessment of results frameworks, by evaluating existing CEED-related monitoring, reporting, and evaluation frameworks, including a comprehensive review of the current Core Strategic Indicators (CSIs), Standard Indicators, and the PIDB coding system in Vision.
- Development and refinement of SCAP results framework, by revising current CEED-related indicators, suggesting new ones, and proposing changes to the reporting system to enable effective monitoring of the progress of SCAP commitments.
- Development of guidance for UNICEF Country Offices to support UNICEF Country Offices in effectively utilizing the results framework.
- Data consolidation and reporting: analysis of CEED-related data, information, and reports from COs (CSIs, COARs, etc.), and provides a Key Findings document
Programme performance monitoring
Completion and quality assurance of:
- A report of baseline and target values in results frameworks of 22 Cos by 31 December 2023
- A mid-year report on results framework of 22 Cos by 31 January 2024
- Annual report on the results framework of 22 Cos by 31 July 2024
- A dashboard (made using PowerBi) of analyzed data available for ROK project
- A reporting template for mid and final reporting by 30 November 2023
- A detailed analysis of midyear bullet point updates provided by 22 COs by 29 February 2024
- A global mid-year technical narrative report by 29 February 2024
- A detailed analysis of end year (2023/2024) technical narrative reports from Cos by 31 August 2024
- A global end-year (2023/2024) technical narrative report by 31 August 2024
Knowledge management and learning
- A set of 22 case studies & human-interest stories from COs collated in a document library in SharePoint by 15 September 2024
- A final set of 10 CO case studies & human-interest stories to be included in mid and end year reports by 29 February 2024/31 August 2024
- New SharePoint site developed of all ROK products and tools by 15 September 2024
Facilitation/Advise on coordination
- 4 short reports with action points, following ROK technical committee meetings by 15 September 2024
- A draft project proposal developed by 31 March 2024
- 3 global/regional webinars on progress and end-year reporting facilitated and executed by 31 May 2024
PPD Liaison and technical clearance of knowledge and advocacy products
- 5 knowledge and advocacy products shared with PPD by 15 September 2024
- A draft Implementation Research proposal developed for the ROK project by 15 September 2024
- A draft scope of work and situation analysis to understand contextual factors that might facilitate or impede implementation, and risk analysis by 15 September 2024
Technical M&E support to the CEED team
- A detailed report assessing current CEED frameworks, identifying areas for improvement and recommendations by 15 December 2023
- A document with suggested results framework revisions aligned with the SCAP and practical implementation guidance by 15 March 2024
- A guidance document available on the CEED SharePoint site to help UNICEF country offices implement the new results framework by 15 June 2024
- A report on the key findings and progress from UNICEF country offices’ CEED data by 15 September 2024
Completion of advanced degree in social sciences, public health or related degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience at national or international levels in programme management, results-based monitoring and evaluation, reporting.
- Previous UNICEF experience and knowledge of UNICEF’s internal systems (Insight etc.) preferred.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA