Communication & Advocacy Internship, Generation Unlimited (GenU), Programme group, NYHQ (remote)
- Country: USA
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-19
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the direct supervision of the Brand Manager, in close collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Team, the interns will support through young-person centric content creation with a unique Public-Private-Youth perspective and leveraging key calendar moments and influencers to help drive awareness through Generation Unlimited flagship hashtag #SkillsRightNow to build momentum in securing action to skill and connect young people to opportunities.
By supporting the Marketing & Communications Team, the intern will be offering the following:
Communication & Advocacy Internship
- Co-Create communications materials with a focus on monthly thematic areas in-line with Generation Unlimited agenda and strategic plan, for use on Generation Unlimited and partner social media channels. This will be done working closely together with Marketing, Programmes and Design functions.
- Lead weekly young person focused ‘Meet the Unlimited’ spotlight stories for Generation Unlimited social media channels and website.
- Support in monthly calendar planning inputs for always-on social media content.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in or having just completed a graduate academic programme in Communications, Marketing, Design, Innovation, Social Science or related field
- Have interest and/or experience (academic or practical) in working in Communications for Development initiatives including adolescents and youth in development or humanitarian contexts.
- Strong copy writing skills required.
- Experience in creating social media specific copy/assets is highly desirable.
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Canva is highly desired.
- In-tune with current trends on social media is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA