Regional Programme Adviser Senegal
- Country: Senegal
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-30
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Identify gaps in quality and practice, and common learning and development needs in relation to programme proposal development, PCM, Grants Management within the region’s COs and work collaboratively with L&D colleagues (regional, HO, OD/PCM Adviser) on the development of learning initiatives to build skills and capacity
- Support key quality check processes, notably COs M&E data review, reconciliation of deliverables, PCM mandatory activities, and CFM.
- Act as focal point and liaison with the Institutional Partnership Advisor for each country of the assigned portfolio
- Provide orientation, guidance and support on accountability and Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms according to NRC global policies and in close collaborative work with the multi-disciplinary focal points of the CFM Regional Task Force.
- Provide support and advice on Consortium partnership in ensuring compliance on the diligence process, observing the use of NRC tools and procedures and facilitating the regional validation process required.
- Ensure Country Offices are compliant with programmatic quality standards of accountability and archiving.
- Conduct analysis of trends in the region or sub-region to contribute to regional understanding and provide evidence for advocacy and innovative project ideas.
What you will bring:
- Five years (5) of experience within the humanitarian/recovery context, of which 3 years of Manager/Advisor experience
- Specialist knowledge and expertise equivalent to an advanced university degree in a relevant field (e.g., international development, politics, social science)
- Knowledge of institutional donors’ strategies, priorities, and compliance requirements – NMFA and SIDA program-based approach, ECHO, BHA, UN Donors, etc..
- Track record of successful proposal development, or similar in funding or partnerships
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, with a preference for previous experience in Central and West Africa
- Understanding of, and commitment to working collaboratively with technical and operational colleagues within a matrix structure, including capacity building
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Experience working with overall strategy development and planning
- Experience of developing learning development tools and resources to support capacity building
- Knowledge of, and interesting new business opportunities, including commercial partnerships
- Experience of working with cross-country programmes and donors
- Experience of working with consortia
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Senegal, please click here: UN jobs in Senegal