UNFPA JPO – Programme Analyst, Gender-based Violence
- Country: Senegal
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-12-09
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to planning and monitoring of the implementation of the 9th CPD 2024-2028, mainly gender/GBV related interventions and projects.
- Contribute to the development of the joint program work plan (UNFPA-UNICEF) to accelerate the discontinuation of VBG, female genital mutilation and child marriage.
- Contribute to document best practices, lessons learned
- Assist national counterparts to ensure newly developed gender policies are taken into account in the design, monitoring and evaluation of programs / projects,
- Participate in analyzing reports on progress in programs / projects in terms of gender outcomes, using existing monitoring and evaluation tools
- Support implementing partners to the implementation of the activities of Gender/GBV selected Implementing Partners
- Contributes to the management of the database on female genital mutilation (FGM / C) and VBG, analysis and dissemination of data.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of National Plans, policies and strategies related to Gender/GBV, Child Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation.
- Contributes to follow-up on expenditures and disbursements made under the work plans of assigned Gender/GBV implementing partners and projects to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the approved budgets and the targeted level of achievement.
- Identifies best practices and lessons learned and shares them with the Office and Program Coordination Structures to facilitate the incorporation of this new knowledge and strategies into strategic planning processes.
- Participates in the advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the country office by preparing adequate documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles and by participating in Donor meetings and public information meetings.
- Carry out other duties as required by Senior Management and supervision
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN System,
- Embracing cultural diversity, Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
Functional skills set:
- Assist in country advocacy for organization
- Internal and External Communication and partnership
- Delivering results-based reports, advocacy tools
- Develop and follow up proposals for funding
Required Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in law, human rights, gender, public health/reproductive health, sociology or other social sciences or related fields with specialized knowledge in the field of international relations, political science.
- At least 2 years of experience in Project / Programme management (Design, Implementation, Monitoring-Evaluation), Gender, Advocacy and Communication
Prior experience in developing countries, especially in Western Africa is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Senegal, please click here: UN jobs in Senegal