Technical development analyst (3 vacancies) – Home Based
- Country: Brazil
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-25
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Duties and responsibilities
The Technical Development Analyst will be responsible for monitoring the requirements gathering, prototyping, development and approval processes of the systems developed within the scope of the Program. It will work in close coordination with the focal points at CNJ and UNDP, carrying out planning, administration and monitoring of projects and monitoring expected deliveries.
To achieve this objective, the following indicative activities are planned:
• Support the project administration and monitoring Analyst (Coordinator) in establishing schedules, planning strategies and execution of deliveries based on the description of the technical deliveries expected for the Justice 4.0 Program, considering the contributions of the areas techniques and management;
• Support the systematization of the general monitoring of project actions based on the goals and priorities established by the CNJ and the UNDP, in order to guarantee the effective use of tools and methodologies to optimize the flow of information between project partners;
• Provide technical advice on the implementation of projects and partners’ demands, ensuring their alignment with good practices, institutional guidelines and UNDP rules, as well as monitoring and evaluating deliveries relating to the intermediate stages of project implementation, ensuring the viability of execution and cohesion of the work of different team fronts;
• Ensure the technical quality of deliveries in conjunction with the technical coordination of the UNDP and the designated CNJ team, as well as ensuring the unity of work on different fronts of the team, seeking to fully adhere to the UNDP and CNJ guidelines; also improving cohesion between parallel work fronts;
• Support in the planning and implementation of project actions, including contributing to the development, validation and approval of systems, and contributing to compliance with the project schedule and ensuring the quality of deliveries to be carried out, as well as supporting the development of structuring solutions;
• Support the coordination of knowledge management actions in projects and encourage actions to promote and disseminate knowledge and products produced in the context of projects, as well as prepare subsidies for the production of monitoring reports and produce other technical and management documents, as draft terms of reference;
• Perform other tasks, as required by the designated supervisor.
The key results expected for this position aim to structure monitoring and execution strategies and follow-up in order to guarantee the quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the project at a national level, in line with the goals and priorities agreed by the UNDP and the CNJ, contributing to the design of a strategy to strengthen digital transformation policies in the Judiciary.
The contractor will be supervised by the UNDP Management Coordinator.
The contracting modality is NPSA (National Personnel Services Agreement), which represents a UNDP instrument used internationally to standardize and facilitate the admission of specialized professionals, for a determined period. This modality ensures benefits such as health insurance, life insurance and vacations.
The vacancy will be filled according to the position obtained in the selection process.
• Expected start: immediate.
• Contract duration: 6 months (extendable period).
• There is no requirement for professional exclusivity during the contract period. However, the selected person will need to be available during business hours (9am to 6pm), 40 hours a week, to fully carry out the assigned activities and tasks.
LEVEL 2: Scale solutions, simplify processes, balance time and precision when carrying out work
LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systems/integrated thinking
LEVEL 2: Offers new ideas, learns from others and supports their learning
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 2: Adapt to new processes, involving other people in the change process
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and be a partner:
LEVEL 2: Is a facilitator/integrator, brings people together, builds/maintains coalitions/partnerships
Promote Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 2: Facilitates conversations to overcome differences and consider in decision-making
Multifunctional and technical skills
Business direction and strategy – Strategic thinking:
• Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans aligned with UNDP objectives, based on systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities; linking vision to reality in the field and creating tangible solutions
• Ability to leverage learning from multiple sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; demonstrate forward thinking to model what future developments and possible ways forward are for UNDP
Business direction and strategy – Systems Thinking:
• Ability to use objective analysis and problem judgment to understand how interrelated elements coexist within the whole of a process or system, and consider how changing one element may impact other parts of the system
Business Development – Human-Centered Design:
• Ability to develop solutions to problems involving the human perspective at all stages of the problem-solving process
Business management – Project management:
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific objectives
Business management – Working with evidence and data:
• Ability to inspect, clean, transform and model data with the aim of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision making
Agenda 2030: Peace – Rule of Law, Security and Human Rights:
• Development of the Justice Sector
Agenda 2030: Peace – Rule of Law, Security and Human Rights:
• Access to Justice
Required skills and experience
Minimum education requirements:
•Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Computer Engineering or related fields is required, or •University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Information
Technology Information, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Computer Engineering, or related field in combination with 2 additional years of experience will be given due consideration in lieu of a master’s degree.
Minimum years of relevant professional experience:
• Up to 2 years (with a Master’s degree) or a minimum of 2 years (with a bachelor’s degree) of relevant professional experience in the areas of project management, systems development, systems maintenance or related areas.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Skill in using information technology;
Desired skills in addition to the skills covered in the Skills section:
• Experience working with public sector partners;
• Experience in project management in the area of information technology;
• Experience in project management applied to Justice;
• Experience in agile project methodology;
• Experience in the Jira tool or other project lifecycle management tools;
• Experience working with international technical cooperation projects;
• Fluency in Portuguese.
• Intermediate English will be considered an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Brazil, please click here: UN jobs in Brazil