Technical knowledge management analyst (Home Based)
- Country: Brazil
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-25
- No of Vacancies: N/A
The Knowledge Management Technical Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing the Justice 4.0 Program’s knowledge management strategy, in close alignment with the project coordination and with the institutional objectives of the CNJ and UNDP. The Knowledge Management Technical Analyst will work in close coordination with the focal points at the CNJ and the UNDP, implementing the strategy for disseminating planned deliveries.
To achieve this objective, the following indicative activities are planned:
• Develop the knowledge management strategy for the Justice 4.0 Program in close coordination with the project implementation objectives, as well as develop a strategy for disseminating the final and intermediate deliveries of the Justice 4.0 Program based on mapping the best national and international practices in the area , ensuring the project’s alignment with initiatives to disseminate innovative practices from international organizations and the Judiciary of Brazil and other countries in the region;
• Create and monitor the execution of the Justice 4.0 Program Communication Plan, manage schedules, planning strategies and execution of communication and knowledge management deliveries based on the description of the technical deliveries expected for the Justice 4.0 Program, considering the contributions of technical areas;
• Manage event coverage strategies and dissemination of the program’s main initiatives, considering varied media, as well as exploring and designing innovative ways of disseminating the Justice 4.0 Program’s actions, considering events, videos, graphics and other media;
• Advise on the phase-out strategy for the tools implemented and developed in the Justice 4.0 Program, including the design of manuals, guidelines, consolidation of knowledge and other related actions, as well as exploring innovative ways of aggregating multidisciplinary content in the area of innovation in concise and interesting for audiences internal and external to the Judiciary;
• Ensure the technical quality of deliveries in conjunction with the technical coordination of the UNDP and the designated CNJ team, as well as ensuring the unity of work on different fronts of the team, seeking to fully adhere to the UNDP and CNJ guidelines; also improving cohesion between parallel work fronts;
• Provide technical assistance in the production of monitoring reports and produce other technical and management documents, such as draft terms of reference, as well as holding meetings and other activities to implement the communication plan and technical monitoring and qualitative monitoring of the expected products and goals In the project;
• Perform other tasks, as required by the designated supervisor.
The key results expected for this position aim to structure monitoring and execution strategies and follow-up in order to guarantee the quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the project at a national level, in line with the goals and priorities agreed by the UNDP and the CNJ, contributing to the design of a strategy to strengthen digital transformation policies in the Judiciary.
The contractor will be supervised by the UNDP Management Coordinator.
The contracting modality is NPSA (National Personnel Services Agreement), which represents a UNDP instrument used internationally to standardize and facilitate the admission of specialized professionals, for a determined period. This modality ensures benefits such as health insurance, life insurance and vacations.
The vacancy will be filled according to the position obtained in the selection process.
• Expected start: immediate.
• Contract duration: 6 months (extendable period).
• There is no requirement for professional exclusivity during the contract period. However, the selected person will need to be available during business hours (9am to 6pm), 40 hours a week, to fully carry out the assigned activities and tasks.
LEVEL 2: Scale solutions, simplify processes, balance time and precision when carrying out work
LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systems/integrated thinking
LEVEL 2: Offers new ideas, learns from others and supports their learning
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 2: Adapt to new processes, involving other people in the change process
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and be a partner:
LEVEL 2: Is a facilitator/integrator, brings people together, builds/maintains coalitions/partnerships
Promote Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 2: Facilitates conversations to overcome differences and consider in decision-making
Multifunctional and technical skills
Business direction and strategy – Strategic thinking:
• Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans aligned with UNDP objectives, based on systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities; linking vision to reality in the field and creating tangible solutions
• Ability to leverage learning from multiple sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; demonstrate forward thinking to model what future developments and possible ways forward are for UNDP
Business direction and strategy – Systems Thinking:
• Ability to use objective analysis and problem judgment to understand how interrelated elements coexist within the whole of a process or system, and consider how changing one element may impact other parts of the system
Business Development – Human-Centered Design:
• Ability to develop solutions to problems involving the human perspective at all stages of the problem-solving process
Business management – Project management:
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific objectives
Business management – Working with evidence and data:
• Ability to inspect, clean, transform and model data with the aim of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision making
Agenda 2030: Peace – Rule of Law, Security and Human Rights:
• Development of the Justice Sector
Agenda 2030: Peace – Rule of Law, Security and Human Rights:
• Access to Justice
Required skills and experience
Minimum education requirements:
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the areas of Human Sciences, Social Sciences, Communication Sciences, Public Management or related areas is required, or.
• University degree in Human Sciences, Social Sciences, Communication Sciences, Public Management or other related fields in combination with 2 additional years of experience will be given due consideration in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Minimum years of relevant professional experience:
• Up to 2 years (with a Master’s degree) or a minimum of 2 years (with a bachelor’s degree) of relevant professional experience in the areas of communication, information technology and/or public policy management, technology management, or related areas;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Skill in using information technology;
• Knowledge of the office package;
Desired skills in addition to the skills covered in the Skills section:
• Experience working with communications involving public sector partners;
• Professional experience with communication related to information technology,
• Professional experience with communication applied to Justice;
• Experience working with international technical cooperation projects.
• Fluency in Portuguese.
• Intermediate English will be considered an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Brazil, please click here: UN jobs in Brazil