- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 30, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Main Responsibilities of Protection/Legal Intern:
• Support in individual cases management and answer questions from refugees.
• Conduct legal and factual research and collect information on a wide range of protection topics.
• Analyse the situation of asylum seekers, refugees and stateless persons in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
• Support the drafting of reports, briefing notes and background papers on matters relevant to UNHCR protection activities in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
• Provide ad hoc support in organizing trainings and workshops.
• Translate documents and correspondence.
• Perform other tasks as required.
In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
• Be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field of law, political science or related studies and a particular interest in refugee protection and human rights.
• Practical experience in / good knowledge of the Swiss asylum and international refugee law.
• Excellent knowledge of English, as well as French or German, and good knowledge of the other language.
• Research experience and strong drafting skills.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland