Team Leader Data Services ACAPS Switzerland Geneva
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Role and responsibilities
- Lead the Data Services team in producing and further developing data products for both internal and external users.
- Strengthen data collection, information management, knowledge management and data literacy across ACAPS.
- Build collaborative partnerships with external users and partners, including donors
- Other duties as appropriate.
- Team management
- Manage the composition, structure and activities of the Data Services team to meet needs as defined in mission/strategy.
- Handle the recruitment of team members, and the performance appraisal and development plan management of the team.
- Act as the budget holder for Data Services projects.
- Support reporting processes, in coordination with the Grant Officer.
- Write and develop new proposals for fundraising purposes, with the support of the Head of Support, Head of Data Analytics, and the Grant Officer.
- Enable cross-organization coherence in data collection and development and adoption of data products
- Conceptualise, design, and manage the production of data products (datasets, data analysis, visualisations etc.)
- Ensure and improve the quality of data products.
- Develop monitoring processes for data products.
- External relations and partnerships
- Engage with donors of the team and users of the external products.
- Represent ACAPS within the INFORM group.
- Represent ACAPS in external technical groups as needed and develop ACAPS position on different analytical frameworks together with the expert analysts and team leaders.
- Develop technical partnerships with expert entities working on data collection and analysis (Centre for Humanitarian Data, DHS etc.)
- Other duties (as appropriate)
- Support short term or emergency projects through advice on data collection and analysis models and tools.
- Carry short deployments (visiting the teams or developing new opportunities) as necessary.
- Reports to the Head of Data analytics.
- Participates in ACAPS extended management team.
- Closely coordinates and collaborates with ACAPS senior management team.
- Closely coordinates and collaborates with ACAPS various analysis teams.
- Coordinates and collaborates with technical partners.
- Maintains a fruitful dialogue with actual or potential donors.
- Proposes innovative ideas and new solutions to challenges.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize multiple, simultaneous tasks, and deliver results within a specified period.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and results oriented approach. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proven ability to work strategically to set goals and flexibility and creativity in realizing them.
- Outstanding coordination, communication, and inter-personal skills, including capacity to persuade and influence others, convey information effectively, as well as adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and written clarity, including ability to understand complex concepts and problems and synthetize information.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Postgraduate degree in data science, computer science, social sciences, or other relevant subjects.
- At least 5 years field or headquarters experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Proven understanding and application of data processes, data analysis, and quantitative research methods.
- Good knowledge of Python, as well as AWS tools and frameworks.
- Solid understanding of the principles of emergency preparedness, response and early recovery.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Attention to detail.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland