Senior Analyst Afghanistan Analysis Hub ACAPS Switzerland Geneva
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Management of AAH’s research and analysis products
- Ensure effective planning, production, and timely delivery of analytical outputs, including:
- planning the allocation of resources and development of workplans
- coordination of AAH analysts, other content and language editors, as well as external experts
- collaboration between AAH analysts and other ACAPS teams.
Product management for specific research outputs
- Review assessments, reports and information products on a specific crisis or set of crises to understand the information landscape and current gaps.
- Participate in humanitarian cluster and working group meetings as needed
- Design, develop, and produce analysis according to ACAPS methodology and AAH workplan (as product lead)
- Provide feedback to other product leads on design, content, structure and quality of analytical products
- Ensure high methodological standards and quality of analysis of the analytical products
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer at webinars & presentations
AAH Capacity building and collaboration
- Provide on the job capacity building and methodological trainings to other team members (e.g. information analysts) analysis methodologies, in collaboration with the AAH’s Senior Advisors
- Support cross-organisational analysis production and joint analysis across the organisation
Networking and partnerships
- Support the team leader in liaising with the Hub’s Advisory Committee on the development of specific analytical products
- Support the Team Leader in liaising and coordinating joint analysis with key humanitarian stakeholders.
- Represent ACAPS at key cluster and working group meetings to provide input and promote ACAPS products.
- Support the development and maintenance of a list/informal network of key interlocutors for information.
- Support the Team Leader in fundraising efforts and donor engagement for the Afghanistan
Analysis Hub, e.g. input to concept notes and presentations to donors
- Relevant Master’s degree preferably in humanitarian action, social sciences, international relations, public health, epidemiology or similar.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the humanitarian sector
- Minimum 3 years experience in research, analysis, information management, advocacy, or other relevant field
- Experience in conducting anticipatory analysis or in disaster risk reduction, early warning and early action
- Demonstrated analytical skills and written clarity, including ability to analyse complex concepts and synthetize information.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to assess data reliability and identify bias. Ability and confidence to make judgment calls when interpreting ambiguous data
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducing analysis in humanitarian contexts.
- Training and proven understanding/application of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methods (mixed and multi)
- Proven experience working with civil society and local partners
- Proven cooperation and inter-personal skills, including proven capacity to work very efficiently in a team
- Ability to facilitate joint analysis
- Flexibility (including regarding working hours)
- Management experience is highly desired
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel.
Highly desired skills, knowledge, and experience
- Robust knowledge of Afghanistan politics, conflict, security and humanitarian context
- Networking, and research experience in/on Afghanistan
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland