ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-12-24
- No of Vacancies: N/A
• Participate in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications, including Information Architecture and User Experience design processes, to support initiatives such as InforMEA (United Nations Information Portal on Multilateral Environmental Agreements), Law and Environment Assistance Platform (LEAP), the Judicial Portal, ECOLEX (information service on environmental law), the Law and Climate Change Toolkit.
• Assist in the design, development, and installation of web applications within the Collective Intelligence docket e.g., the InforMEA and E-learning portals.
• Undertake analysis of well-defined modules within the system, such as the InforMEA OData API, develop enhancements and new features to existing systems; may design and implement small, stand-alone systems as needed (e.g., to meet individual user requirements).
• Contributes to the collection and analysis of data as well as identification of trends or patterns and provides draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
• Undertake rigorous testing and proving of applications software.
• Maintain assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing, and implementing system changes/upgrades.
• Write and develop programs to interface with existing systems.
• Coordinate activities related to the development of training materials and conduct training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users.
• Perform system administration and server management activities. Ensures data security and integrity.
• Prepare, update, and maintain systems documentation and related technical/procedural manuals.
• Assist in procurements, including conducting needs assessments and benchmarks, and preparing technical specifications and evaluation criteria.
• Assist in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures.
• Participate in Helpdesk support services.
• Advise users on the most suitable hardware and software for different tasks; maintain and enhance software.
• Participate with senior staff in assessing and testing new technology.
• Perform ad hoc duties as required.
• May provide guidance to new/junior staff.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. (Candidates for this position must have passed the United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the G to P Examination. No examination is required for candidates in peacekeeping missions.)
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of web applications and web servers is required.
Experience in MS Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration, Drupal Content Management, installation and management of virtual machines, management of Domain Name Service (DNS) is required.
Experience in Design and implementation of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) plans is desirable.
A minimum of one (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable (none if successful YPP or P-1 with a related degree).
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: ”Fluency” equals a rating of ”fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ”Knowledge of” equals a rating of ”confident” in two of the four areas.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland