Diagnostics Procurement and Supply Assistant (Parental Leave replacement)
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNOPS
- Deadline: 2023-11-16
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support to a team of Country Support Officers in the acquisition of TB Diagnostic products.
- Prepares quotes to customers by compiling data contained in supplier’s quotations and determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the guidance of Country Support Officers.
- Prepares purchase orders with suppliers including forwarding agents after confirmation of the acceptance of the quote by the customers.
- Monitors status of existing requisitions maintain contact with suppliers, freight forwarders and clients to ensure timely delivery of goods and services,
- Coordinates shipment of goods from suppliers to countries and verifies receipt and inspection of deliverables and accurately reports, as and if required.
Budget & Finance support
- Prepare invoices and relevant document to customers for payment.
- Assist in monitoring and analysing contract performance to ensure compliance with contract terms, schedules and cost.
- Assist in reconciliation of settlements to be paid by the Finance Unit.
- Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, systems contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Investigation and resolution of post-order problems and preparation of progress reports on procurement and supply chain matters, as needed.
- Provide input on TB diagnostics logistic or procurement documentation as required.
- In close collaboration with other support staff, create and/or maintain filing systems; continually review filing system to ensure information is up to date and effectively and efficiently used.
- Obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources as required; perform information searches (library, internet) as requested.
- Assist in maintaining the GDF knowledge management system
- Secondary education/High school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in logistics, management or procurement will be considered a strong asset and may substitute for some or all of the required years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics, import/export, administrative services or related area is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and expertise of spreadsheet and knowledge of database packages is an asset
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset
- Fluency is English required
- Knowledge of Spanish is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of other UN official languages is an asset
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland