- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNOPS
- Deadline: 2023-11-23
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the direct supervision of the Advisory Services Portfolio Manager, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and effective services reflecting international public procurement best practices, compliance with UNOPS procurement policy, rules, regulations and procedures, ensuring appropriate risk management and obtaining the best value for money for the acquisition of goods, services and the contracting of works. The incumbent will oversee the daily work of the team of procurement officers and will be responsible for the coordination of deliverables (+/- 40 million USD/year, with vast potential for growth) to satisfy the clients’ needs. S/he will also focus on meeting donor reporting requirements and performing against set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The incumbent will :
1- Leads and coordinates the workflows in place, standardize processes and increase project efficiencies:
- Helps build efficient internal processes, limiting manual data entries and optimizing the use of existing data from systems in the daily work of the procurement officers;
- Enhances project and delivery workflows to continue improving the quality of services and timely delivery of goods to Global Fund grant recipients in the respective countries;
- Advises the Advisory Services Portfolio Manager on further improvements required to enhance the compatibility and dialogue between electronic platforms, in consultation with the project team and users;
- Guides improvement in the coordination of the daily work with UNOPS suppliers on the Global Fund stream, including freight forwarders, among others through the production and early discussion of demand pipelines and forecasts;
- Sees to data integrity of the project logs, and supports the procurement officers in non-routine tasks related to revision of electronic orders; and
- Coordinates effective communication and issue resolution with the respective IT teams on the UNOPS and Global Fund sides.
- Ensures timely receipting of deliveries by the team within UNOPS systems and is responsible error-free invoicing to the donor, in adherence with UNOPS rules and regulations and Global Fund guidelines;
- Produces delivery forecasts and manages Engagement amendments and adjustments within UNOPS project management systems;
- Manages budget revisions and financial reconciliations as needed;
- Coordinates timely ePO closure as per Global Fund guidelines and grant end-dates.
3- Coordinates the sourcing of products against existing Long Term agreements (LTAs) and manages additional sourcing activities to expand catalogue capacity:
- Reviews and approves Price Quotations issued by UNOPS in wambo; immediate action is taken when discrepancies or risks are identified, that threaten order accuracy and transmission;
- Works together in consultation with the project team and Global Fund stakeholders at different levels to identify demand for new products, and make appropriate recommendations;
- Oversees ad hoc sollicitations processes to meet clients’ demand, when needed;
- Helps coordinate the work with experts to develop new tender specifications as may be needed.
4- Project reporting:
- Oversees the production of bi-weekly operational updates to the donor and respective country focal points, making sure that all date is consistent and up to date;
- Prepares reports for UNOPS regional offices on a monthly basis, as well as any other spend analysis as may be requested by UNOPS or the donor;
- Support the preparation of quarterly project reports and reporting against KPIs;
- Supports the preparation of other reporting as requested by the Global Fund or theAdvisory Services Portfolio Manager.
5- Team management and capacity building :
- Coordinates the work of procurement officers on a daily basis:
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team through effective work planning, advice and troubleshooting;
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices;
- Ensures consistent and fast operational pace of the team, making sure that no deliveries fall behind.
- Helps the team achieve strong performance against the set KPIs;
- Ensures that any issues and challenges are escalated to the Advisory Services Portfolio Manager and the donor in a timely manner.
Impact of Results :
The effective and successful achievement of results by the procurement specialist directly affects the overall efficiency of the region and specific project initiatives, in regards to procurement management, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective programmes and the business unit’s operations. Timely, market-aware, and accountable delivery of services, ensures business unit performance, efficiency and client satisfaction, which promote the image and credibility of the team and business unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the given geographical area.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- A Bachelor degree with an additional 2 years of relevant experience, may be accepted in lieu of the master`s degree.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience including a minimum of 3 years at international level in implementing procurement policies and procedures to deliver a range of complex/global procurement programmes and services.
- Experience in working with a vast range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is required;
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement is required;
- Demonstrated experience in managing large data sets and/or electronic platforms is desirable
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable. Familiarity with the Global Fund or similar international donor is an advantage
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is a strong asset. Spanish is desirable
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland