Programme and Operations Analyst
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: ILO
- Deadline: 2023-12-11
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Description of Duties
1. Provide information on programme priorities, assist with the preparation of programme proposals, analyse and provide comments on proposals to serve as a basis for decision-making, discuss proposals with colleagues and management.
2. Examine programme and budget proposals and support the supervisor with setting priorities in accordance with overall programme and budgetary objectives as well as long-term planning. Draft reports based on these analyses with recommendations for acceptance or revision of budget proposals.
3. Provide support in the coordination of timely inputs into the strategic management module as required for the implementation planning and the biennial programme implementation. Review programme monitoring reports and draft comments on designated aspects.
4. Draft reports and documents such as programme briefs and resource allocation comparisons; prepare the internal quarterly reviews of global spending and delivery; analyse the programming and delivery of regular budget, regular budget technical cooperation and other budget sources; prepare and analyse development cooperation planning and delivery statistics; and make proposals for corrective action etc to the Director.
5. Support the formulation, implementation and monitoring of development cooperation proposals and check their conformity with Office rules and priorities.
6. Monitor project implementation in terms of expenditures and substance. Identify problems and resources or financial deficiencies. Make proposals on corrective action to the Deputy Director when necessary.
7. Draft correspondence as well as administrative decisions and recommendations for acceptance or revision of budget proposals on the basis of instructions from the Director.
8. Provide support in meetings with the Strategic Programming and Management Department, Human Resources Development Department and Financial Management Department and keep the Director of ACTRAV regularly informed of administrative, programme and financial matters. Prepare minutes of the meetings.
9. Brief and provide support when required to ACTRAV on administrative and financial procedures.
10. Prepare draft replies to internal and external audit observations as appropriate. Prepare the ACTRAV Risk Register.
11. Under the supervision of the Director, develop guidance manuals on administrative and financial rules as well as on internal procedures and provide training where appropriate to ACTRAV ILO field and headquarters colleagues.
12. Administer contractual agreements including external collaboration contracts.
13. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in finance, business administration, economics, social sciences or in another relevant field.
Three years of directly related administrative and financial experience. Experience of working with workers’ organizations would be an advantage.
Excellent command of one working language (English, French, Spanish) of the Organization and a working knowledge of a second working language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland