Technical Specialist on Labour Market
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: ILO
- Deadline: 2023-11-23
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Description of Duties
1. Undertake research and analytical work, including on platform work, for the design of effective, efficient, sound and inclusive labour market institutions.
2. Design and implement policy-oriented analysis and recommendations aiming at improving labour market performance and job quality, reducing vulnerabilities associated with new work arrangements, such as in the platform economy, and employment contracts that differ from open-ended full-time contracts.
3. Provide expert policy and technical advice in the area of decent work in the platform economy, in other new work arrangements and for workers whose employment contracts differ from open-ended full-time contracts, to ILO constituents and other concerned stakeholders. Promote relevant international labour standards.
4. Provide technical inputs to, oversee the drafting of/draft, peer review and edit reports, publications and other office documents, notably those produced in the context of the standard setting on decent work in the platform economy.
5. Monitor and assess trends, reforms, and policy developments in respect of a range of labour market institutions, especially those governing work contracts and labour market security, at global, regional, and national levels.
6. Write and review publications, disseminate the major research findings in the ILO working paper series, globally recognized peer-reviewed journals, books and edited volumes, policy briefs and newsletters.
7. Conceptualize, formulate, discuss and submit development cooperation project proposals on labour protection and labour markets institutions. Provide technical backstopping for development cooperation projects and promote and facilitate coherence and knowledge sharing among projects.
8. Contribute, in collaboration with other members of the Branch and the Department, to the development of integrated approaches and activities aimed at assessing the impact of labour market institutions on equality and labour market performance, addressing vulnerability at work and strengthening workers’ protection.
9. Organize, facilitate and make technical contributions at seminars, conferences and other events. Represent and engage the ILO as a key player in meetings, conferences with strategies, policies or programmes in the field of labour markets institutions, platform work and new work arrangements.
10. Contribute to raising awareness among ILO constituents, policy makers, and the general public on labour market security as well as on the economic and labour market effects of new work arrangements.
11. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Advanced level university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in economics.
A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in economics with an additional two years of relevant experience, in addition to the experience stated below, will be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
At least seven years of experience in the fields of economics of labour market, labour market institutions and/or labour protection, including at the international level.
Excellent command of one working language (English, French, Spanish) of the Organization. A working knowledge of a second working language would be an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland