Technical Officer (Health Services Performance Assessment)
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: WHO
- Deadline: 2023-11-30
- No of Vacancies: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Lead the analysis of projects using quantitative and qualitative techniques to inform Member States and the Organization’s technical entities on the global situation of service delivery as a critical component of primary health care.
- Assure the generation of high quality analytical reports, charts, tables, figures, presentations and other materials (including manuscripts, publications for printed and/or online dissemination, presentations, factsheets, etc.) tailored towards different audiences based on the interpretations of the conducted analyses;
- Oversee the collection, processing and organization of necessary input data (structured and unstructured), utilizing data from other IHS and WHO teams, surveys, and country data sources;
- Manage large data sets from a variety of data sources using programming skills, data analysis tools, and statistical software, including Excel, SQL, Python, R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, and others;
- Contribute to the development of standards and tools to strengthen country data and capacities to assess and monitor health services performance.
- In response to technical support requests and inclose collaboration with regional counterparts, provide technical expertise to countries in conducting analytical health reviews of progress and performance.
- Contribute to other analytical efforts across the Organisation, including SDG monitoring, UHC and PHC monitoring.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international public health, social science, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, demography, health economics, biostatistics, statistics, monitoring and evaluation from a recognized university.
- Doctoral degree in health statistics, epidemiology, quantitative and qualitative research.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in health measurement, epidemiology, health statistical analysis, monitoring and evaluation at the national and international levels.
- Proven experience in applying research methodologies and statistical techniques (e.g., regression models, time series analysis, probability distribution models, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to apply complex analytical techniques to public health issues using large data sets from various sources.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of evidence based policy briefs, summaries and health reports at global and or regional levels.
- Expert knowledge and skills in using analytical software such as SAS, SPSS, STATA, and coding languages such as R, and Python.
- Expertise and skills in health situation analysis.
- Applied knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, PowerBI an asset.
- Experience in managing large and complex data sets.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively and diplomatically with external partners; commitment to collaborate effectively with other key partners in the programme areas.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland