- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: WHO
- Deadline: 2023-11-29
- No of Vacancies: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities, which are performed according to the needs and agenda. The position requires a highly skilled medical/nursing professional with occupational health, nursing experience, and emergency response:
- Work in close collaboration with the SHW team, support the needs of personnel visiting SHW, including providing medical screening, care & advice accordingly, or facilitating referral to an outside physician as indicated.
- Ensure the preparedness of personnel traveling on missions or re-assignments, including administration of vaccines, instructions on the use of malaria and other prophylactic measures, and provide other travel-related advice as required and deliver briefing & debriefing consultations to the WHO personnel.
- Provide pre-hospital emergency nursing care and treatment under the supervision of the SHW Medical Officers and coordinate with local ambulance teams.
- Administer routine/ annual vaccinations to personnel and keep updated records utilizing SHW medical software.
- Organize standby medical assistance during official WHO meetings.
- Provide health education and first-aid training and participate in addressing work environment, occupational health and safety issues.
- Conduct workplace assessments to address issues related to ergonomics and provide appropriate advice to personnel.
- Adhere to WHO rules and regulations, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and checklists for various operations.
- In accordance to WHE needs, deploy for short missions to support personnel in field missions.
- Develop, implement and evaluate nursing objectives and guidelines for medical care delivery in SHW.
- Participate in establishing, implementing and evaluating health promotion and occupational health programs to ensure high quality medical care and wellbeing services delivered to WHO personnel.
- Maintain medical equipment and supplies inventory, including comprehensive vaccination and medication management.
- Ensure a proper collection of statistics related to nursing functions.
- Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Contribute to the development of SHW SOPs and Guidelines.
- Perform other duties, as reuired.
Essential: A first University degree in Nursing, Current/unrestricted Registered Nurse with License to practice Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification or equivalent.
Desirable: An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in nursing or related fields from a recognized institution. Current First Aid instructor certification.
Essential: At least 2 years of relevant work experience in nursing with international exposure
Desirable: Experience in occupational health. Experience in the development and management of health programs. Experience in international health.
- Excellent knowledge of and skills in up-to-date occupational nursing requirements, treatments and procedures and practice.
- Knowledge and experience in emergencies, including first aid and basic life support skills.
- Knowledge of travel medicine, including the ability to advise on vaccination, malarial prophylaxis, and appropriate disease-prevention services and counseling.
- Knowledge and respect of medical confidentiality.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland