Senior Analyst -CrisisInsight ACAPS Switzerland Geneva
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-19
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Role and responsibilities
Analysis management and quality assurance
- Ensure effective processes of planning, production, and timely delivery of analytical outputs, including coordination of resources (analysts, ACAPS and external experts, editors etc) and collaboration between different part of ACAPS teams
- Provide training on analysis methodologies
- Provide feedback to the analysts on design, content, structure and quality of the analysis
- Support cross-organisational analysis production and joint analysis across the organisation
Secondary review and analysis production
- Review assessments, reports and information products on a specific crisis or set of crises to understand the information landscape and current gaps.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the project information management systems and ensure that internal and external needs for information are captured by ACAPS and processed in a structured and efficient manner.
- Support the overall informational needs of the humanitarian community in the project through the compilation and analysis of relevant qualitative and quantitative information.
- Contribute to the creation of tools to facilitate the ongoing analysis and sharing of data and information that support evidence-based decision making.
- Design, develop, and produce analytical outputs
- Ensure high methodological standards and high quality of analysis.
- Support the review process and development of methodology documents and analysis products.
- Ensure mechanisms to gather and analyse feedback on the impact of produced analysis.
Networking and partnerships
- Support the development and maintenance of a list/informal network of key interlocutors for information.
- Represent ACAPS at key cluster and working group meetings to provide input and promote ACAPS products.
- Support the Team Leader in liaising and coordinating joint analysis with key humanitarian stakeholders.
- Provide technical analytical support to local and international humanitarian actors, for instance on scenario building exercises or data analysis.
Perform other duties in the organisation as appropriate, including but not limited to
- On occasion be available to review reports outside of regular working hours (emergency briefing note duties)
- Relevant Master’s degree preferably in humanitarian action, social sciences, international relations, public health, epidemiology or similar.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the humanitarian sector
- Minimum 3 years experience in research, analysis, information management, advocacy, or other relevant field
- Experience in conducting anticipatory analysis or in disaster risk reduction, early warning and early action
- Demonstrated analytical skills and written clarity, including ability to analyse complex concepts and synthetize information.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducing analysis in humanitarian contexts.
- Training and proven understanding/application of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methods (mixed and multi)
- Management experience is highly desired
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel.
Highly desired skills, knowledge, and experience
- Ability to facilitate joint analysis
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish an asset
- Familiarity with data analysis and processing software
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland