UNEP IMEO Video Consultant
- Country: France
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-11-16
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities
UN Environment Programme (Energy and Climate Branch) hosts the International Methane Emissions Observatory (IMEO), MARS (Methane Alert and Response System) and scientific measurement studies.
UNEP’s MARS focuses on detecting new methane emissions through satellite data, which is then used to notify stakeholders and offer additional support and resources to facilitate methane mitigation. The reported data will be integrated by the International Methane Emissions Observatory with other data streams (remote sensing data, scientific measurements data, national inventories).
The scientific measurement studies contribute to IMEO’s objective of creating a global public dataset of empirically verified methane emissions, with an initial focus on fossil fuel sources and will interconnect data with actions on research, reporting, and regulation. This will catalyse deep reductions in human-made methane emissions and serve the rapidly growing ecosystem of governments, companies, investors, researchers, NGOs and other entities engaging in this crucial climate challenge.
Additionally, as part of IMEO’s work, an Annual Report is written and produced to reflect the progress of efforts in the past year towards methane mitigation and IMEO’s mission.
IMEO seeks a videographer to work across the three projects above- MARS, scientific measurement studies, and the Annual Report. The consultant will engage with content across projects to produce a variety of video media products to be used throughout IMEO’s presence at COP28.
Produce and edit videos related to IMEO, including:
• Promotion video for the key points of the 2023 Annual Report
• Explanation video for MARS Data Platform
• Editing of Angola and Gabon science campaign video, for use at COP
• Promotion video for IMEO-sponsored paper regarding Nord Stream campaign
• Shorter videos for use across social media platforms
Bachelor’s degree in communications, video production or related field
• 5+ years of experience in video production
• Experience with short-form video production for social media use
• Experience with video production for international organizations
• Experience incorporating various language needs into video production
• Experience incorporating animated graphics and other branding content into videos
• 5+ years of video editing experience
• Strong understanding of IMEO message, especially pertaining to MARS and the Methane Science Studies
• Excellent communication collaborative mindset with a willingness to engage across IMEO projects
• High performance within strict timelines
• Excellent video production and editing capabilities
Must be fluent in English. Additional language experience is a bonus.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France