Circular Economy Consultant
- Country: France
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-11-23
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Research and analysis on circular economy in Brazil
– Coordinate and support the drafting of a stock-taking report, which outlines the existing legal and normative frameworks as well as current business practices which are conducive to a transition to circular economy and/or sustainable consumption and production patterns in Brazil.
– Support the compilation and documentation of relevant international best practices and lessons learned from the Latin America and the Caribbean region and other regions.
– Support the mapping exercise of global, regional and national initiatives which can serve to accelerate the transition from a linear to circular economy in Brazil.
– Conduct internal and external consultations as required to develop the deliverables described above.
B. Development of the National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil
– Identify and engage relevant stakeholder groups in the process of developing the National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil.
– Lead the organization of stakeholder engagement meetings, including with relevant Ministries, industry representatives, academia, civil society and other groups as relevant.
– Liaise with leads of relevant UNEP initiatives and workstreams to seek and integrate inputs into the deliverables related to the National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil.
– Lead the preparation of a plan of action which details a step-by-step approach to the successful development of a National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil.
– Prepare and disseminate communication materials in relation to the National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil, as required (briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
– Lead the preparation of relevant events and meetings (online, in-person) in support of the development of the National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil, including drafting of agendas, presentations, meetings’ minutes as well as logistics.
– Provide ad hoc support to the Consumption and Production and Brazil Office teams in connection with the National Circular Economy Strategy in Brazil, as required.
An advanced university degree in environmental economics, environmental or chemical engineering, business administration, finance, political science, social sciences, international development, environmental management, or a related field.
• A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in the field of sustainability/ environmental management.
• Proven work experience on circular economy, with a good understanding of life cycle approaches, including experience in working with industry and/or public-sector officials and providing them technical advice on circular economy and sustainable value chains is an asset.
• Practical experience in project or programme management in an international development setting, including design, planning, execution and monitoring in project development.
• Work experience with government entities in Brazil is desirable.
• Excellent research skills to analyse and compile relevant information from desktop research and stakeholder interviews.
• Excellent writing skills in drafting technical documents and reports, by summarising critical information from research and consultations, and tailor the language and styles towards policy makers and businesses; proven experience in authoring publications is desirable.
• Practical experience with international donors and other public, non-state or private actors in developing countries, preferably in the LAC region, in the management of international technical cooperation projects is an asset.
• Ability to communicate findings to high-level and mid-senior-level management.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a diplomatic, organized and timely manner, proven influencing skills.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Package (Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) collaborative platforms (i.e., Teams, Google Drive) and virtual meeting platforms (i.e., Webex, Zoom, etc.) is required.
Communication: excellent communication skills, written and spoken as well as ability to draft or edit a variety of written reports including summaries and briefing notes. Ability to ask questions to clarify, exhibiting interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; proactively develops partnerships with other institutions, public and private, securing effective cooperation; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others, and able to work in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, working with transparency and building trust and confidence with colleagues and staff members.
Planning and organization: He/she develops clear objectives that are consistent with the agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and tasks; adjusts priorities as necessary; allocates the appropriate amount of time and resources to complete the work; foresees risks and allows contingencies when planning; supervises and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in the field of sustainability/ environmental management.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For the post advertised, Native Portuguese and fluency in oral and excellent drafting skills in English are required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France