- Country: France
- Organization: UNESCO
- Deadline: 2023-12-01
- No of Vacancies: N/A
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In particular, the incumbent will:
- Assists IIEP-UNESCO Director in identifying, developing and implementing priority research themes.
- Provide support in the design and elaboration of the 12th Medium-Term Strategy.
- Ensures timely preparation of various institutional Reports and papers as well as to draft chapters as required.
- Coordinate the IIEP Report’s contribution to the international education monitoring (e.g., SDG 4 benchmarking, GPE monitoring, Education Finance Watch, etc).
- Stay in touch with relevant developments in research on education.
- In collaboration with the Programme specialists, contributes to the design, implementation, management and dissemination of the research and TC programmes.
- Give support to the Program Monitoring Office.
- Ensure commitment to innovating IIEP’s existing approaches, tools and capacity development activities.
- Produce complex reports, papers and prepare high-level presentations and other resources/materials for the Director.
- Participates in and contributes to cross IIEP Teams’ work and performs other assigned duties as required.
- Contributes to fund raising for the research in coordination with partnership officer.
- Manages desk review research, writes synthesis reports on research.
- Additional activities that may be required by the Director of IIEP-UNESCO to ensure the success of the work deliveries for the team.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
Building partnerships (M)
Driving and managing change (M)
Making quality decisions (M)
Leading and empowering others (M)
Managing performance (M)
Strategic thinking (M)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in education, public administration, economics, politics, development studies or other relevant social science discipline.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in educational research, educational policies, comparative or international education or any other development issues.
- Publications in the field of educational policies.
Skills & Competencies
- Broad understanding of a wide range of public policy issues in education in different countries/regions.
- Ability to write for specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Ability to prepare and deliver high level presentations and reporting.
- Ability to apply rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations and prepare reports with respect to key decisions.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Ability to work innovatively to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of MS software (Word, Excel etc.).
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of French or English and a very good knowledge of the other language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France