- Country: Iraq
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 22, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Stay abreast of legal, political, security and other developments which impact on the protection environment, and in particular, on protection delivery through RSD.
– Assist in the development of the RSD strategy of the operation and in the annual planning exercise.
– Provide counselling to, and respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees, including in the context of the notification of negative RSD decisions.
– Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all work on individual cases.
– Assist in preventing and identifying fraud in RSD through oversight, advice and guidance to UNHCR staff, partners and persons of concern.
– Systematically apply an age, gender and diversity (AGD) perspective in the performance of assigned functions.
– Conduct research on country of origin information (COI) and other issues related to RSD and maintain the Operation’s local repository of relevant information, guidelines and standards accessible to RSD staff in the operation.
– Assist in monitoring RSD trends and in compiling and analysing RSD statistics related to RSD case processing.
– Assist in developing and maintaining processes to ensure that persons of concern, Government authorities and partners have accurate information on the RSD procedures, including UNHCR standards, policies and practice.
– Assist in initiatives to advocate with and support Government authorities and legal partners to establish and strengthen fair and efficient RSD procedures and RSD decision-making.
– Draft correspondence and reports relating to the RSD activities of the Operation.
– Refer individual cases to other functional units in the Operation and/or external partners for appropriate follow-up, in accordance with established criteria.
– Counsel individual asylum-seekers on the reasons for negative RSD decisions, in accordance with the RSD SOPs.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR RSD Lrng Programme;
HCR Cntry of Orig Inf Lrng Prg;
HCR Protection Learning Prg;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Working experience with procedures and principles related to RSD. Knowledge of International Refugee Law and Human Rights Law and ability to apply the relevant legal principles. Experience in working with vulnerable or traumatized individuals.
PR-Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD)
PR-Counselling Asylum Seekers or Refugees
LE-Human Rights Law
PR-RSD – Principles and Procedures, operational arrangements/assistance
PR-Government Refugee Status Determination (RSD) procedures
WB-Treatment of vulnerable/traumatized individuals
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq