- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-30
- No of Vacancies: N/A
In accordance with DRC Safety policy, the Safety Manager will:
- Ensure the DRC Safety Risk Management System (SRMS) is applied to cover all DRC program locations in northern Ukraine.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of safety staff and the area and base office; provide capacity building, mentoring, and training.
- Manage the Safety Level System (SLS) for field sites based on individual Safety Risk Assessments (SRA) and ensure they strive to improve compliance with Minimum Operating Safety Standards (MOSS).
- Identify actual, perceived and foreseeable risks to maintain program continuity and enhance resilience through robust security and risk management.
- Lead the adaption and implementation of contextualized risk management policy, protocols, and procedures in close collaboration with the country Safety Manager and Area Manager.
- Facilitate program access and continuity through the provision of timely, quality, and informed advice.
- Maintain relevant safety documentation, data, and records (staff presence lists, training register, incident tracking, maps, etc.)
- Produce weekly and quarterly security analysis/reports (including ad hoc daily updates, weekly summaries, and monthly trend analysis) where requested. Support area-based safety staff in contributing to the analysis.
- Create and deliver high quality security trainings that reach a maximum number of national and international staff. Develop and facilitate workshops for area-based staff.
- Ensure staff traveling to northern Ukraine receive a safety briefing on arrival and are included in area safety systems.
- Provide safety input to meetings and support the Area Manager and Sumy Base Manager in the decision-making process.
- Coordinate with the Country Crisis Management Team (CMT) when needed, and take part in the program Incident Management Teams (IMT)
- Support the development of the capacity of Incident Management Teams (IMTs) at area level.
- Work with the Area Manager and the Head of Support Services to ensure that safety is adequately budgeted for in grants.
- Act as the focal point for the procurement of safety-related equipment, facilities and other resources.
- Develop, maintain, and participate in networks for (safety) information sharing.
•Technical by Country Safety Manager, and Line Management by Area North Manager
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 years as a Security Manager/Advisor for an NGO in a high-risk/conflict zone (or equivalent role)
- Master degree in relevant subject preferred but not required
- Proven experience in context/security analysis and advising humanitarian personnel
- Experience in developing and updating SOPs, contingency plans, and other risk assessment and management documents and tools.
- Proven experience in incident/crisis management.
- Experience in conducting safety training for international and national staff, and experience of capacity building.
- Ability to provide conflict analysis (written).
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Computer literate, able to use all common software packages.
- Be able to encourage, motivate and guide team members to approach safety and security issues with confidence especially during crises.
- Be flexible to travel at short notice to difficult and risky areas.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Fluent English required;
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine