Localization and Partnership Coordinator
- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-25
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Coordination and Strategy
- In coordination with the HoP, lead the development of DRC’s partnerships and localisation strategy in line with DRC’s global strategy 2025.
- Develop and monitor the implementation plan for DRC’s partnership and localisation strategy
- Clearly articulate a vision for DRC Ukraine’s partnership approach, and help promote that vision with DRC staff and partners
- Participate in relevant country-level and regionally relevant partnerships and localisation working groups and fora and advocate for the inclusion and support of national organisations in these forums.
- Stay up to date on current trends in partnerships and localization practice regionally and share learning with country SMT and relevant program team
- Input into strategy development of various sectors to include plans and targets on programme models that include NNGO partners
- Support in the identification and exploration of new and innovative partners and partnerships
Grants, accountability, program development and reporting
- Guided by the DRC Programme Handbook, continuously monitor and develop relevant accountability initiatives as well as strengthening the effort to document the impact and lessons learned of activities.
- Lead initiatives to improve partnership practices by periodically assessing DRC Ukraine’s partnership management approach taking into account both DRC and partners’ perspectives, capture lessons learned and best practices, and make recommendations for improvement
- Lead on proposal development for funding opportunities directly related to partnerships and localisation and actively support identification of and liaison with new and existing donors
- Coordinate with DRC’s sector coordinators and managers to identify and develop new partnership opportunities relevant to the current context and identified needs
Analysis and Lessons learned Development.
- Support in the analysis of DRC’s due diligence and capacity assessments, using this to expand DRC’s understanding of the key support needs of current and potential partners. Analysis should support DRC in developing relevant programming, advocacy, and internal tools and processes (in coordination with DRC’s partnership unit)
- Analyse the results of on-going partnerships, remote management and results on the ground to produce lessons learnt in order to inform strategic decision-making and improve ongoing and future programming.
To be successful in this role we expect you to 5+ years of experience in similar job at international level
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Experience in humanitarian policy and advocacy work in conflict affected countries
- University degree in International Development, DRR related studies, Social Science, Grants Management or relevant field
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Innovative, flexible and high adaptability skills in hardship location
- Excellent analytical skills, commitment to gender equality/equity
- Demonstrated skills in application of humanitarian tools and standard in past works
- Representation skills and excellent communication and reporting writing skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Willing to travel regularly to rural/remote project sites
- Ability to work well in unstable security environments, and under significant administrative and programming pressures.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine