Humanitarian Mine Action Manager
- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-17
- No of Vacancies: N/A
External Relations and representation:
- Regular participation to all coordination meetings organised by the NMAA/MAC as well as all other relevant stakeholders.
- Representation of the Organization in all Mine Action working groups related to technical aspects of the operations.
- Develop a professional collaborative relationship with national authorities and other agencies involved in mine action, and related fields of interest.
- Ensure the prioritisation by NMAA/MAC, and ongoing activities of other operators and stakeholders, is considered during strategic planning and operational workplan processes.
- Support and advise in country management on operational matters and ensure that accreditation of operations is achieved and maintained with authorities.
- Support the OM with strategic planning and implementation of all HMA projects.
- Contribute to the writing of donor proposals and reports and assist the HoP in donor liaison when required.
- With OM, assist in proposing changes and improvements of technical procedure and standards to HQ, for authorisation prior to adoption.
- As directed by the OM ensure that the prioritisation set by the NMAA/MAC are taken into consideration in the planning and implementation of operational activities.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of safety and security are maintained in all operations.
- Manage, monitor, and supervise the TA’s and Coordinators, ensuring that they carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with their job descriptions and as tasked.
- Monitor and analyse productivity achieved and recommend methods and practices to enhance productivity, ensuring cost effective operations to be conducted in the programme.
- Assist support services in developing appropriate plans for operational support (e.g., procurement planning). Purchase of team equipment and supplies are done in accordance with procurement plans and budgets.
- Ensure that the teams are adequately supplied with all necessary equipment.
- Responsible for the internal Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Conduct regular QA visits to all teams and ensure the TA, Supervisors and the teams are carrying out drills in accordance with the HDP SOPs
- Promote safety culture, and safe and effective methods of munitions clearance and disposal.
As directed by the Operations Manager:
- Maintain and develop SOPs, workplans and other relevant operations documentation and implement changes within the programme accordingly.
- Recruit and manage HMA technical staff.
- Work directly with the HDP Global Senior Technical Advisor, Global Operations Advisor and HDP HMA Operations Manager in analysing lessons learned from country to support other programmes regionally and globally, and vice versa.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in HMA and full understanding of its technical requirements.
- IMAS EOD 3 + qualifications is required.
- Previous work experience as an Operations Manager.
- Proven management experience gained in a range of settings.
- Experience with accreditation to IMAS standard.
- Proven record of training national staff and ability to train and mentor national counterparts.
- Experience of working in insecure environments.
- Diplomatic, patient and persistent.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Willingness to embrace and further develop overall objectives such as gender equity, impact monitoring, and cross-sector cooperation.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine