- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: WFP
- Deadline: 2023-12-03
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Operations Team Leader and the overall authority of the Head of Human Resources, the Human Resources Officer (Operations) will have to:
- Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct straight forward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Perform other duties as required.
This role will specifically focus on Human Resources Operational strategies, policies and processes, ranging from onboarding to offboarding, managing contracts, benefits and entitlements and other payroll related HR matter delegated to the office. Responsibilities and role focus may evolve based on Programme direction and needs.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have for…
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with two additional years of related work experience or advance HR certifications or diplomas.
Experience: Minimum of one years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources, especially in managing contracts, benefits and entitlements, payrolls, onboarding and offboarding processes. Experience in Experience working with UN Agencies, INGOs, International Organization or in an international HR context will be an asset, as well as any additional years of experience in the relevant field.
Knowledge & Skills: We are looking for a dynamic, agile and creative HR Professional who is passionate about HR Operations and enabling workplaces where people can strive and fulfill their potential. Specifically, we are looking for:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in Human Resources principles and concepts, appointment types and conditions, HR tools and systems, and communication.
- Researching rules, policies, practices and precedents to determine eligibility for entitlements or benefits.
- Ability to foresee or notice challenges, conduct thorough research, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to negotiate and clarify the reasons behind certain policies and decisions. Ability to discuss with colleagues, clients and managers while advocating for consistent and fair application of rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization, tailoring language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to continuously adapt approaches and recommendations to a specific organizational/country context.
- Excellent research, planning and organizational skills, as well as project management, reporting and presentation skills using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience of HR Master data and payroll systems, including monitoring, reporting, and mitigating gaps and risks.
- Good understanding of systems workflows, automation options and other online information technology applications to simplify offline manual processes.
- Ability to collate, analyze and interpret relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce reports for supervisor(s). Advanced practice of Excel is required (e.g. Pivot Tables, conditional formulas).
Language: Fluency (level C) in both in English and Ukrainian languages.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine