- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: WFP
- Deadline: 2023-11-26
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Officer
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
- Work closely with the WFP’s programme units in the FO and CO, as well as WFP partners, to develop monthly monitoring plans to ensure WFP programme are regularly monitored and inform programme design and implementation.
- Help arrange and participate in programme staff monitoring site visits, and report on the findings;
- Coordinate, plan and carry out rapid market assessments as needed and under the guidance of the CO RAM focal point.
- Advise and support evidence-based decision-making on programme design and implementation, notably through data analysis and making assessment and monitoring findings accessible and actionable to Programme focal points and FO Head of Programme. Ensure escalation of critical monitoring findings through CO systems.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and local government to conduct needs and market assessment as well as monitoring of planned activities and targeting of vulnerable populations to effectively inform preparedness, programme implementation and response activities.
- Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition issues to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Provide assistance on the design of data collection tools and coordination of data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Social Science, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least 1 year of postgraduate professional relevant job experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation, research, data collection and analysis, additional years of experience will be an asset. Expertise in using statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, R, etc.) in the context of households’ surveys datasets is an advantage.
Experience in monitoring in a humanitarian or development context is preferred. Experience in food security, vulnerability, and nutrition analysis or other relevant sector, including in designing data collection tools, analysis and interpretation of the results is preferred.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine