- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: WFP
- Deadline: 2023-11-26
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Administration
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary Education
- Experience:6 years
- Gender: Both
- Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
- Provision of inputs to the country office administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP facilities, common premises etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP facilities management etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Preparation of Purchase Orders (POs) for travel activities and others as requested by supervisor.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Preparation and management of leases and MOUs for facilities and common premises.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Processing and management of invoices and payments related to facilities, common premises, maintenance works etc.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources and preparation of reports.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform any other related activity as assigned by immediate supervisor.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have:
Education: Secondary education with special qualifications and training in Engineering, Facilities Management or other relevant field relating to office and premises management. University level degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or in a related field will be an asset.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the facilities management and other related administrative tasks including contract administration. A university degree may compensate for part of years of experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of national rules, regulations and policies in the area of administration
- Has gained experience in administration and applies this to all activities.
- Has managed small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Has provided support in leading projects and input into function policies.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both in English and Ukrainian languages.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine