- Organization: Ukraine
- Deadline: 2023-11-24
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Associate
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: 7 yeasr
- Gender: Both
- Provide project management assistance by supporting administrative, operational and logistical processes, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Ensure compliance with procedures frameworks, including by learning and applying UNDP’s Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP), and relevant to project activity financial and administrative requirements;
- Prepare relevant background materials for use in discussions, correspondence, and briefing sessions;
- Draft meeting minutes, translate and interpret from Ukrainian into English and vice-versa;
- Ensure efficient travel arrangements are made for the team as required, ensuring proper use of UNDP resources;
- Assist in arranging appointments, organizing meetings, events, taking minutes of meetings and drafting correspondence for Project Team;
- Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of applicable government and non-government partners;
- Maintain policy, confidentiality and general management files.
- Support financial, procurement and human resources processes, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Learn processes and operations of the UNDP Quantum Platform;
- Provide administrative support in the planning, execution and review of Project Financial Reports on Quantum Platform;
- In accordance with the Annual Work Plan, arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services and ensure timely follow up with procurement requests;
- Assist in recruitment processes by reviewing job descriptions, job classifications, forming vacancy announcements, screening candidates, and facilitating interview panels;
- Maintain leave records and travel plans of the Project staff.
- Facilitate knowledge building and management, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- In accordance with the Project Document and in close coordination with the Responsible Parties, adhere to the Quarterly and Annual Targets according to UNDP timelines;
- Organize events for the ECHO4SCHOOLS Project Staff;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in the project;
- Provide high quality interpretation and translation in support of the project as needed.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of Project Manager and the overall guidance of Inclusive Development, Recovery and Peacebuilding Portfolio Team Lead, and in close coordination with all IDRPB teams, UNDP Country Office (CO) team, promoting client-oriented approach and compliance to UNDP rules and regulations.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education is required OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Social Sciences, or a related discipline will be given due consideration but is not a requirement.
- Minimum seven (7) years with Secondary Education or four (4) years with a Bachelor’s degree of experience working in administration or providing project management assistance is required.
- Experience in UN/UNDP or International organizations or Development organizations is desired.
- Experience in organizing events (including retreats, trainings, meetings, etc.) is an asset.
- Experience in financial reporting for donors is desired.
- Experience in procurement of equipment/supplies/services is an asset.
- Highly competent in using computers and office software packages
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine