- Country: Syria
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-26
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Associate
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: 7 years
- Gender: Both
Key Functions, accountabilities, and related duties/ tasks:
1. Analyses and maintains an overview of work of the office to ensure timely administrative support is provided in general and specialized areas including recording and controlling of non-expendable property and participates in the training of staff.
2. Control and process documents for payment: ensure that documents are accurate, complete, and meet the signatory standards (certifying/authorizing), ensure supporting documentations follows prescribed procedures. Raise requests to GSS for payment processing and ensure information is accurately coded as per G/L standards timely processed by GSSC. Follow up and respond to queries related to payments
3. Advises and assists the field office in the area of office management. Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters; participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets, and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action. Brief staff and visitors on general administrative matters. Provide advice and ensure administrative support as required
4. Prepare correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or specialized tasks that may be of confidential nature within assigned area of responsibility.
5. Initiates Payment for all Local Administrative Procurements, Service Contracts and Settlement of Bills for all utilities service providers ensuring that no service disruption is experienced by the organization and control of assets.
6. Performs HR related functions applicable to staff working in the Field office i.e., maintenance of leave records and attendance, etc.
7. Checks/verifies payment requests for services and supplies including staff entitlements (travel, overtime) and PCAs, Cash Advances to the Government/NGOs in accordance with policies and procedures and coordinate with Country Office for timely payment.
8. Carries out assurance plan activities e.g., spot checks to the implementing partners where program activities are implemented at the geographic areas of the field office.
9. Responsible for managing Petty Cash and/or CoHA safe custody of Financial Accounting record and maintain proper filling of the records including vouchers and supporting documents for day-to-day accounting matters.
10. In addition to general administration responsibilities, supervise driver, cleaners, and security guards directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport, and similar services. Preform supervisory role to the Operations staff e.g., ICT Associate. and Logistics Associate and oversee the pertaining tasks implementations.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- University education in business administration, finance or relevant fields will be an asset.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible work in administration is required.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant administrative field may replace three (3) years of related work experience.
- A master’s degree in a relevant administrative field, may replace two (2) additional years.
- Candidates with experience in a supervisory role will have an advantage.
- Familiarity with UN/ UNICEF public procurement principles, supply procedures and systems are an asset.
- Experience in UN/ UNICEF Operations is desirable.
- Experience in UN/ UNICEF administrative service management’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in the manual as relevant, in the context of the country situations and conditions of work will be an asset.
- Relevant knowledge of principles of office management, operations management, programme management and administration IT Skills, and working knowledge of SAP, HR tools, WebHRIS, Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria