- Country: Syria
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Officer
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: University Degree
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have the below requirement:
- University degree in one of the areas that are relevant to the work of the organization, preferred areas including but not limited to engineering, public health, environmental science, management, social sciences, behavior change communication, water and sanitation, sanitary engineering or any other area that is considered relevant to the responsibilities described in the vacancy announcement.
- Advance university degrees in areas relevant to this position will be an asset.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Candidates with experience in water quality management will have an advantage.
- Experience in conducting logistics’ systems analyses, quality monitoring, and capacity building in the WASH sector is an advantage.
- Experience working with government bodies, international organizations, local communities, UN, UNICEF, or relevant NGOs in Syria is an asset.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Required Technical Knowledge
• Basic knowledge of at least four components of the eight mentioned below.
- Urban water supply including water safety, sustainability.
- Urban sanitation including sustainability.
- Hygiene promotion.
- National government WASH policies, plans and strategies.
- Analysis of national budgets and expenditure for basic WASH, and related advocacy.
• Basic knowledge of at least two of the below four components.
- Programme/project management
- Capacity development
- Knowledge management
- Monitoring and evaluation
• Basic knowledge of both below components
- Human rights and WASH
- Gender equality and WASH
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria