- Country: Syria
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-24
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Analyst
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
• Support the development of strategies and initiatives that contribute to establishing rapport with partners and promote the visibility of UNDP with stakeholders, including potential donors and institutional partners
• Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support
• Support the country office to develop resource mobilization strategies, negotiation of agreements with strategic partners; review and keep track of the programmatic portfolio, report on the progress achieved, provide support to the country office to handle partner verification missions
• Support the CO to draft and disseminate key periodical and ad hoc reports to internal and external audiences.
• Support the UNDP SM to prepare for and organise engagements with partners on major issues and events concerning UNDP activities in the country through the preparation of background materials, presentations, as required
• Maintains a partners database of all current and potential stakeholders relevant to the work of UNDP in Syria
2) Screen project proposals and provide guidance to internal and external partners to ensure that new proposals are in line with programme priorities and in compliance with standards:
• Leads, in coordination with the programme team leaders, the proposals and concept notes development for consistency with the requirements of requests or calls for proposals, and prevention of bottlenecks in the proposal development process.
• Support portfolio managers in the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote UNDP’s work, providing technical recommendations and guidance.
• Screen project proposals, ensuring that country office engagement with partners and agreements entered into are in line with the UNDP POPP, and engagement donor protocols are established, as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the communications team the integration of advocacy and communication messages into all aspects of UNDP’s development programme during programme formulations.
• Use data to present Senior Management with well-researched ideas to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessments
• Solicit inputs, including operational updates, from other portfolios to inform partner audiences on UNDP’s activities; Draft quality briefs and proactively highlight strategic issues to senior management to inform best course of action and nurture partnership growth.
• Package programme initiatives for partners’ review in collaboration with programme and communications staff
• Support partner visibility and ensure partner conditions are met.
3) Ensure the overall coordination within the PAR team and its interaction with other CO teams, area offices and external partners, focusing on the implementation of the strategic objectives of the unit:
• Identify concrete opportunities for joint programmatic and other activities with partners (INGOs, sister agencies); stimulate and support the development of a programmatic portfolio
• Facilitate information gathering / sharing for UN joint programmes initiatives, used by the communications team for the production of success stories, case studies and features to share with stakeholders and audiences, highlighting progress and impact
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with UN partnership officers and focal points to stay abreast of UN activities and to support consistent information sharing between participating agencies
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
People Management Competencies: N/A
|2030 Agenda: Engagement & Effectiveness||Effectiveness||Project Quality Assurance|
|Business Management||Partnerships Management||Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies|
|Business Management||Communication||Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication|
Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Political Sciences, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or any other relevant field is required.
A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Up to 2 years (with master’s degree) or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at the national or international level in partnership or any other relevant field is required.
• Experience in leading proposal development by coordinating with relevant colleagues and other organizations is an asset.
• Experience in contributing to resource mobilization is desirable.
• Experience in supporting the development and strengthening of partnerships is desirable.
• Experience in the development of strategies and initiatives that contribute to establishing rapport with partners is desirable.
• Experience in proposal writing and development is desirable.
• Experience on the compliance required by donors desirable.
• Experience in coordinating and organizing high-level missions and workshops is desirable.
• Written and oral proficiency in English and Arabic is required
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria