- Country: South Sudan
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-24
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Associate
- Job Type: Temporary appointment
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: 5
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Facilitating the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conducting programme monitoring in UNICEF focus Counties/States for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Helping conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitoring and tracking the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Supporting the programme section in researching, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items for his/her section including but not limited to registering grant allotments, and tracking expiring programme grants, raising of Sales order, Release orders, and Purchase requisitions,
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Helping prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Supports capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required. Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a field relevant to the position will require three years relevant experience.
- Candidates holding a master’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a field relevant to the position will require one-year relevant experience.
Fluency in English language is required. Knowledge of local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in South Sudan