- Country: Sudan
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-26
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Finance
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: University Degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Any other responsibility as identified and assigned by the Finance Manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up to date records and project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment requests for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Assist the Finance Manager or Finance Officer to perform cash and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done.
- Assist Finance Manager or Finance Officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Take a leading role in the scanning and online archiving of transaction supporting documents.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Logistics & Procurement Staff – Supporting Documents & Bid Openings
- Tax authorities – Remittance of Statutory Deductions
- Auditors – Year end Audit
- Vendors – Payment and Enquires
- FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
2. Behavioral competencies: –
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- 2 Years Experience in a humanitarian/recovery context preferred.
- University degree in accounting, economics, financial studies, business administration, or any related field.
- Experience working in complex and volatiles contexts preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting required.
- Willingness to travel regularly to the field in under-resourced settings required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan