- Country: Sudan
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-26
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Manager
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: University degree
- Experience: 4 years
- Gender: Both
Project Management and Implementation:
- Oversee the implementation of all Protection programming, including programme quality and budget management across all field sites;
- Undertake regular on-site visits to monitor the quality of activity implementation at the village-level and provide technical advice to field project staff as necessary;
- Ensure the relevance and implementation of technically-sound beneficiary selection criteria and approaches;
- Support DRC offices in strengthening information management, including standardized databases for protection and planning purposes;
- Support donor reporting by providing accurate and timely input on protection activities.
- Develop protocols and guidelines for protection activities and mainstreaming and train/coach staff to understand and implement, including strong integration and cooperation, in particular with the FSL and HMA team.
- Participate in the staff recruitment process, new staff on-boarding and induction process, capacity building, and performance appraisal of Protection staff.
Programme Development and Quality
- With support from Protection Coordinator to build up and roll out a plan for creating, improving and fostering skills and capacities of Protection Team in South Kordofan. In particular for competencies directly related to delivery of quality results: such us Case Management, IPA, Protection Monitoring, etc. The Staff capacitation plan shall be structured and formalized, including individual capacity assessment (both pre and post training), milestones, priorities, etc.
- With support of Protection Coordinator develop the strategic protection framework, DRC’s Protection Strategy in South Kordofan and provide technical assistance to roll it out
- Identify gaps and opportunities for further programming, support needs assessments and gap analyses, and contribute to proposals and other programme development initiatives.
- Ensure that a protection risk analysis is in place and constantly updated in the area of responsibility.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Monitor protection risks and needs in project sites on a regular basis in alignment with project requirements.
- Collaborate with MEAL team to ensure monitoring activities are mainstreamed with protection and ensure protection of vulnerable groups while gathering appropriate and accurate data on protection outcomes;
- Develop internal learning and appropriate program adjustments due to new opportunities/challenges
- Lead the development of Protection assessments, with support from the Grants and MEAL Manager;
- Work closely with team to support the development of accountability activities, ensuring compliance with CHS.
Finance, Procurement and Administration
- Accountability for the management of Protection programme budgets (budget holder), with support from the Finance Manager and Head of Support Services;
- Ensure Protection Team raises Purchase Requests (PRs) in a timely manner, in-line with DRC standards, and follow-up procurement processed with the Supply Chain Manager;
- Ensure HR policies are followed, including completion of regular Performance Management Meetings, with all Protection staff;
- Ensure familiarity with DRC’s Operational Handbook;
- Proactively seek training from the Support Services Department on operational policies and processes for Protection team should gaps in understanding be apparent.
Coordination & Representation:
- Support Area Manager and Head of Programme in identifying partnership opportunities and liaising with local partners concerning protection activities and implementation;
- In consultation with the Area Manager coordinate with national, local and international actors and participate in working groups and other sector meetings on protection related issues;
Stay abreast of developments in the protection environment in Sudan and provide timely analysis on key issues on a regular basis.
Minimum Qualification, Skills, and Experience Required:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 4 years of proven national or international experience in field-based protection in a range of settings
- Detailed understanding of humanitarian and protection principles and their application, including community safety and rights-based approaches
- Knowledge of protection standards and guidelines
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate and defend DRC’s interests with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations and other groups.
- Skills in Project Cycle Management and sound project management skills, including creating work plans, budgeting and delegation of responsibilities: sets clear milestones, organizes work and monitors progress in a dynamic and quick paced environment
- Ability to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid environment: Cultural sensitivity and respectful of local contexts
- Proven experience in providing technical guidance and training including development of training materials
Effectively engages and communicates with communities in a responsible manner and is aware of AAP principles
Education background: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
University degree or higher education in law, social sciences, or related field or equivalent work experience;
languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in written and Spoken Arabic.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan