Support Services Team Leader
- Country: Sudan
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-25
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: N/ A
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever the context changes significantly.
- Advice and support Project Managers and Support Staff in the implementation of support-related SOPs.
- Ensure strong coordination with County Office support departments and act as the focal point for coordination of support departments between the Country Office and the Area Office.
- Contribute to strengthening the Area level implementation through the dissemination and monitoring of relevant SOPs and procedures.
- Oversee implementation of identified risk mitigation measures, including compliance spot checks in line with anti-corruption risk mapping
- Under the country office and AM’s guidance, ensure compliance with Securing Supporting Documentation (SSD) SOP as well as the existing Country office Data Management System.
- Responsible for support resource allocation on the area level in line with the Master Budget and available donor budgets.
- Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
- In line with guidelines and under the supervision of AM, coordinate and align operational support with program plans at the Area level, ensuring procurement plans, HR plans, and spending plans for each project are in place and in due time.
- Oversee HR procedures based on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning
- At the direction of the Area Manager and the Head of Support, participate in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud or misconduct and produce required reports.
- Act as DRC Code of Conduct focal point, including training and implementation
- Hold/lead weekly coordination meetings for staff, recording minutes and action points
Minimum Qualification, Skills, and Experience Required:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a management level
- Sound knowledge of cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
- Experience working with DRC’s main donors (UN Agencies, ECHO, SIDA, BHA, etc.)
- Full professional proficiency in English
Education background: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Computer skills (including MS Office package)
languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
- Good command in written and spoken English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan